Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CassieKate

Assistant Cook
I have used this rec Honeyed Pork Tenderloin with avocado peach salsa from Southern Living a few times, but always in the oven. You marinate it for a few hours in soy, teriyaki, evoo, garlic, ginger but before it roasts, you coat it with honey and dark brown sugar. I'd rather grill it, but I'm wondering if it will burn too easily because of the brown sugar? Should I just roast like always or grill? Thoughts on this? Thanks:)

Hi, CassieKate. I don't know the answer to your question because I don't have much grilling experience. However, there are a number of grillmeisters on this board who will be able to help you.

Just be patient. The answers will come.

Welcome to DC. You're going to enjoy it here.

CassieKate said:
I have used this rec Honeyed Pork Tenderloin with avocado peach salsa from Southern Living a few times, but always in the oven. You marinate it for a few hours in soy, teriyaki, evoo, garlic, ginger but before it roasts, you coat it with honey and dark brown sugar. I'd rather grill it, but I'm wondering if it will burn too easily because of the brown sugar? Should I just roast like always or grill? Thoughts on this? Thanks:)
Cassie,
when I grill anything with sugar, I wait til the last 10 min before putting it on the meat. If put on to soon, it tends to burn..I'd give grilling a try and keep a close eye on the meat after basting with the sugar.

kadesma:)

Miss CassieKate...

Echoing what Miss Kadesma said. Use you Honey/brownsugar mixture as a finishing sauce/glaze during the last 10 minutes or so of cooking, and preferably not over direct heat as the sugar/honey will burn very quickly!
Sounds yummy!

Have fun and Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom