I see that a member is listed as banned !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawno9

Assistant Cook
I am doing some research on group comminication and I am interested in lnowing what tyoe of activity would get someone banned from this forum.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn O

Shawno9, please go read our community policies and that will give you some idea of what rules are in place here. Ignoring messages from the Moderating team about infractions will do it, and repeated infractions of the rules. If you want specifics, please feel free to PM the Admin team.

Alix said:
Ignoring messages from the Moderating team about infractions will do it, and repeated infractions of the rules.

then why am i still here?!? :LOL:

They have threatened to ban me but I have too much dirt on them. Did I mention I am writing a book? :angel: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

:) Barbara

P.S. Just kidding of course (Can I stay now?)

i have wondered about this player as well. i even asked the question why? never got an answer.

babe:rolleyes:

Maybe we missed the question babe. Dumb question...what do you mean by "I have wondered about this player as well". Are you talking about a specific member? I've had the flu so be gentle if I am asking an obvious question.

Maybe we missed the question babe. Dumb question...what do you mean by "I have wondered about this player as well". Are you talking about a specific member? I've had the flu so be gentle if I am asking an obvious question.

have only seen one poster with the banned label. do u want me to name him.

are yu feeling better?

babe:cool:

On a cooking site???

Not that I have info about this case, I don't, but any chat room or message board is open to attack, spam, inappropriate behavior/language/usage whatever. Seems there are people out there who just enjoy messing things up. I for one am greatful for the fine job out site admins and mods do here to keep DC up and running free for the most part of such bother.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, both to hear that someone would behave inappropriately on this site and for my naivete. I post on several political boards, where spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. are common and are also reason for banning. I had presumed to have escaped that kind of thing here. From the discussion in this thread, I gather there is only one, so hopefully it is not a common occurrence here.

No site is immune to attacks by spammers or trolls. You do not notice them, or have to wade through their posts, because we delete them when we ban the poster. Not only are the Admins and Mods on top of things - we also have a good group of members who alert us to things that we may not have run across yet - by using the "Report Post" function. If you haven't noticed any then we must be doing our job?

If you notice a post where the member is labeled as "banned" - that is because there were at one time a member in good standing - but for some reason violated some rule(s) that could not be resolved. Thankfully, this is a rare occurrence - but it does happen.

Funny thing, but at one political board I frequent, when a troll posts, members respond by flooding his thread with...their favorite recipes!

Funny thing, but at one political board I frequent, when a troll posts, members respond by flooding his thread with...their favorite recipes!

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
rotfl.gif
rofl.gif

KE - Love your graphics. Hope you are feeling better.

Said tongue in cheek - Maybe y'all could change banned to left to persue other interests.

Seriously, the mods and admins here are very on top of the board and as a result, it is a very nice place to be. Sort of a breath of common courtesy that seems to have escaped society today.

Hey! don't you just wish you could ban or delete the office annoyance?

Back
Top Bottom