Hey Vera- Sodhexo recipe question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
The soups our cafeteria makes run from truly awful to really good.

Last Friday they put out an awesome turkey and white bean chili.

I want the recipe. Does Sodhexo standardize these, or do the individual exec chefs have some discretion about what to put out for the folks?

Technically, the cooks are supposed to follow recipes that are standardized throughout the company/world. Having said that, if I give my ecuadorian cook a directive to make black bean soup, and even go so far as to hand him the recipe, I know he's going to make black bean soup the way his mother made it.

When I go in tomorrow, I'll check the files to see if there is a recipe for turkey and white bean chili. If we have it, it's yours.

By the way, thanks for the heads up, I might not have seen this!

There are quite a few recipes for turkey chili, and a few for white bean chili..but I didn't see one for turkey and white bean chili. I did see one for turkey and pinto bean chili, and one for turkey and black bean chili. I'm convinced you can tell the difference between a white bean and a black bean...but was there any chance the chef used pinto beans??

I've been known to substitute beans all the time if I don't have something on the shelf that the recipe calls for.

Do you want the recipe for the two turkey and bean chilis?

Thanks for taking the time to look it up for me. I'll take both recipes if it's no trouble.

I'm pretty sure it was white beans in the chili, and yes, I call tell the diff :rolleyes:

Hey you two...or three, if Buckytom is interested.

I printed the recipes, but I cannot really do a copy and paste..it would be easire to fax them. Do either of you have a fax number I could use??

hehehe, I feel so sneaky...:ermm:

I think we have some kind of fax thingy that's connected to our email at work. I will ask the IT guy next week.

No fax machine at home, alas.

Sorry to put you to all this trouble..........

Windows often has a fax function as part of its package. You could be able to receive a fax on your ccomputer and print it on your printer.

Thanks, Andy. We might have that on our home computer - I bet we only use about 30% of what it can really do because we are computer morons.

Will have to check it out.

I could email them, but I'd have to retype them...and one of them is three pages long, complete with what seems to be sub recipes.

They are part of a program that doesn't have a cut and paste feature. You search the recipe within sodexho's hallowed halls, and then it opens the recipe in printable form. I don't believe I can cut and paste it somewhere else. Let me try that on Monday. Please pm me your email addresses and Mud, doll...give me the fax number at work, just in case.

If I cannot do the cut thing, Buck, I can always snail mail the thing to you!

Back
Top Bottom