So sad. "Mr. Wizard" is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
As a child of the '50s, I loved watching Mr. Wizard, Don Herbert. I wouldn't miss his program on TV for anything. And...I'm a girl.:LOL:

Sadly, he has died and all of his wonderful scientific explanations go with him.

Wasn't he wonderful? How many of you DCers remember him?

How many times did you hear him say, "And, Jimmy, this is how....

Bow your heads and give this great guy a moment of silence.

"Long live Mr. Wizard!"

My Mom loved watching him when she was a kid!!! They did some sort of a revival of his show (I may be remembering wrong here) in the very early 80's. Both of my daughters loved him then as did I. When I saw the news of his passing; I did bow my head in his honor!!

Sorry to say that Mr. Wizard was b4 my day, but I don't get to say that too often as I'm from the Capt Kangaroo generation.

I am from the Capt Kangaroo generation as well, but i fondly remember Mr Wizard. I almost never saw his show when I was home, but when I was a kid visiting my grandparents in NY I would alway see Mr Wizard. I loved science when I was young so his show was right up my alley.

i vaguely remember the original mr. wizard shows. they must have been in syndication in the 70's.
and they did do a coupla revivals of the show.

he was like your nice old uncle that could teach you cool stuff, or how things worked.

I'm a child of the '80s, and I'll miss him! Another of the intelligent, non-pandering, non-commercial silver age of educational children's programming lost. :(

i'm a child of the 50's too , but i never heard of him. I can remember not having tv and then getting out first tv. i'm thinking where we lived, we just did not get that program?

never heard of him either, I'm part of the PMK and Bill Nye generation. unfortunately they no longer play either of those (not even re-runs). They do however a couple of the Bill Nye shows in science class.

I have heard of Mr. Wizard but have never had the chance to see him. I'm from the Captain Kangaroo era too. :cool: It is sad that he died.

:) Barbara

As a child I never heard or watched "Mr.Wizard" but I remember listening to the radio and I loved our first television which was a Hoffman.

Back
Top Bottom