AP: Kellogg to Make Kids' Foods Healthier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Kellogg to Make Kids' Foods Healthier | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

The new standard calls for a single serving of a product to contain no more than 200 calories; have no trans fat and no more than 2 grams of saturated fat; have no more than 230 milligrams of sodium; and have no more than 12 grams of sugar.

A third of the cereals that Kellogg markets to children in the U.S. fall outside those standards, said Mark Baynes, chief marketing officer. Most cereals fall inside the calorie guideline, he said, but meeting the sugar and sodium standards could be the most challenging.

Nice Idea, but I think they are going a a bit too far right????

Most all kids and adults like cereal, its easy, fast and filling. They still have to entice the children to try it. I think it will work with the right advertising. Its about time ! My grandson will be 3 the end of Sept. still snacks on plain cheerios !

I think that the U.S. is going way overboard. I think it's good to learn about moderation and limits, and it's pathetic that me, a grown healthy adult, who(btw eats healthy and is not overweight) occasionally craves Capt Crunch can't have it due to Mom's who coddle too much. Sorry, this one peeves me! Now, what are the government's plans as far as lowering that fat, chol., sodium, calories, etc. in other breakfast alternatives, namely bacon, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, omelets, pancakes, french toast etc. What's wrong with just saying "NO" to your kids and buy them Cheerios instead! That's what I did with my kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom