Dinner, Sat. June 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Just decided Iam going to fix country fried steaks w/onions, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans and biscuits. Spice cake/ice cream for desert.

Thanks Licia, for the idea too.

Last edited:
Except for the white gravy, that is one of dh's favorite meals. I may make that for him tomorrow. Actually he'd rather have biscuits so I will make that. Thanks for the idea. As for today, I don't know what I'll make. I woke up not feeling well so nothing sounds really good for now.

Since there is still much to finish for tomorrows fun at Ma's, dinner tonight is going to be something easy..I put some pork butt cut into long thin strips in a marinade last night, I used fish sauce,soy,sugar,rice wine 5-spice..made extra to baste the meat as it grilled. Will have DH grill it today, then when it cools will slice it and make all of us a nice big salad, with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion rings, crutons,avocados and some nice hot ciabatta with butter, something to drink and some melon and ice cream for dessert.. Nothing fancy, just tasty I hope:LOL:
kadesma

Grilled Italian turkey sausage sandwiches with sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers, topped with sauce and cheese. Sloppy but yummy! Homemade apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert.:)

Barb L. said:
Just decided Iam going to fix country fried steaks w/onions, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans and biscuits. Spice cake/ice cream for desert.
just trying to figure out how far Michigan is from Philadelphia:LOL: sounds sooooooooooo good!

buckytom said:
recipes please, ladies? for the steak, gravy, and the biscuits. tia.:chef:

second that request.
my husband adores country/chicken fried steak. at the Nascaar race in Dallas, he was taken to Potato Patch (????) < I think:wacko: and said he got the best EVER. I called them for the recipe, but they told me their spice comes from their factory and they don't know what is in it, dang...:wacko:

Keeping it fairly simple. Gonna do a leg of lamb with a pomegranate-black pepper glaze, side it with some steamed veggies (probably broccoli and green beans), some marscapone and garlic mashed potatoes, and of course the obligatory mint jelly.

No time to plan dinner. I have cat adoptions from noon until four, and my granddaughter's first birthday party from 2 until 6, so I have shceduled my cloning for 11:30. We'll talk to y'all later!

I am meeting a girlfriend for dinner and at the moment we don't know what we are in the mood for.

Barb L. you are making my favorite dish and I get hungry just thinking about it.

another dinner- sirloin, macaroni & cheese, potatoes. i'd choose other food, 'cept he chooses, too, soooooo.....

tonight I was at a friend birthday party from 2-8 so we had pizza and cake.
last night because my mom (the other sushi lover in the house) wasn't home, I made the rice for sushi, and we ordered in pizza. will make the sushi tomorrow.
tonight was about the third time this week that I've had pizza (not including leftovers for lunch) ...now don't get me wrong I adore pizza but omg I am sick of it at the moment!:wacko: :LOL:

We had what could be considered an Italian-style chef's salad: Cooked sliced russet potatoes marinated in Italian salad dressing with fresh Italian parsley. Then, chopped ham, chopped black olives, finely chopped Vidalia onions, sliced hard-boiled eggs, strips of Swiss cheese on a bed of baby spinach, all drizzled with more Italian dressing. Really, really yummy.

Last night I adapted a new Rachel Ray recipe: "Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms". Placed the mushroom caps in individual casseroles, covered them completely with the stuffing, topped with cheese, & baked. Came out great. Served with a green salad.

Back
Top Bottom