Spanish Lamb Cutlets With Fried Fig Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

`mishimasan`

Assistant Cook
This one is superb.

21062007075.jpg

21062007076.jpg

21062007077.jpg

Ingredients:

6 lamb cutlets
6 figs quartered
3 table spoons of PX Sherry (Spain)
1 table spoon white wine vinegar
2 small packs of asparagus heads
1 table spoon of honey
Pepper
Sesame seeds
Salt to taste

Take a baking tray with a metal grill and place the lamb cutlets onto it. Put them to grill until nice and crispy on the outside (turning over half way through).

Meanwhile, take the 6 figs and quarter them as shown in the photo. Place the asparagus into a pot and boil until tender then drain and keep to the side.

As the lamb is almost finished, put the figs into a small pan on a medium to hot temperature and fry until golden (be careful not to break them as you stir). Add the white wine vinegar, then cook for a minute longer. Add the sherry, honey and season with the salt and pepper.

Take the lamb out from under the grill as the figs cook, and place them evenly onto a place with the asparagus. Add the figs as a sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds as desired.

Voila, there you have a VERY quick dinner, which tastes delicious - straight from Spain. :thumbsup:

I'm not a big fig lover, so I'm not sure about that part. :angel: Other than that these sound good. I would probably give the figs a try though. I haven't had them in awhile. Thanks!

:) Barbara

Your dish looks and sounds lovely. I adore figs, but had not thought of pairing the two together. Thank you for sharing your recipe.... and Welcome to Discuss Cooking. :chef:

Thanks guys :) Every recipe I make is for 2 people unless otherwise stated... just incase :S

I appreciate the input.

Back
Top Bottom