Martini flavour too risky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xoemily

Assistant Cook
I've come up with a cocktail recipe but have yet to try it. It's a cinnamon-apricot martini and the ingrediants are:

- 1 part gin
- 1 part dry vermouth
- 1 part apricot brandy
- 1 part Goldenschlager (cinammon liqueur)

I was thinking of serving it at a cocktail party that I am having soon along with mojitos and apple-cranberry punch. What do you think? Does the recipe sound too risqué?

I'm not sure how a cocktail can be risque. If it tastes good serve it. Just don't give it a risque name.

What exactly do you mean "too risque"? Did you mean "risky" as in new and possibly wild? Risque means naughty with sexual overtones.

Alix said:
What exactly do you mean "too risque"? Did you mean "risky" as in new and possibly wild? Risque means naughty with sexual overtones.

I mean cinammon and apricots are usually things you would find in a pie, but not necessarily a martini. Am I trying too hard to be creative and gourmet? Or should I stick with tested-and-true recipes?

xoemily said:
I mean cinammon and apricots are usually things you would find in a pie, but not necessarily a martini. Am I trying too hard to be creative and gourmet? Or should I stick with tested-and-true recipes?
I don't have drinks very often, but I feel about them as I do cooking..Be creative,use your imagination..It makes doing a get together or party fun. I'd go for it.:)

kadesma

Michelemarie said:
Sounds good to me! What time is the party? I may have to stop by to try one! ;)

ditto (we do like our martinis!)

This is what cooking is all about (ok, and drinking too). I say try it - what can it hurt? Just be careful while practicing - don't hurt yourself! :LOL:

xoemily said:

Have you been to a martini bar recently? There are endless and unimaginable combinations of ingredients in drinks they call martinis. I don't think yours is any more outrageous than others.

If it tastes good it was a good idea.

My question was more about your word choice than your actual recipe, which by the way sounds very tasty! I'm just going to adjust your title a bit to reflect the content of the thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom