Dinner - Thurs. July 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
We are at the lake ! I am grilling bratwrust patties, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes /sweet onions.
(I wait to come here every year, for their homemade bulk bratwurst). So good.

I had lamb shank gravy with THREE slices of nasty, yummy, temptress type bread. But I did redeem myself with heaps of fresh fruit.

Really I did. :(

reruns. there are so many leftovers here.

BarbL, I did your cake again last night. This time, it was strawberry for the filling, gad it was so good. I was delighted to bring it out after dinner and cut into it. Rave reviews, thanks again!:clap:

I'm thinking Jamaican Jerked Chicken. I'm getting ready to marinade the meat in a little bit, then around 2 pm, I'll start smoking it. Of course, I don't make my Jerk very hot, just lots of good flavor.

i have to see what needs to be made in the fridge first, but 'm thinking of making chicken cacciatore with mushrooms, eggplant, and peppers, finally getting around to breaking in my new ss saute. thanks everyone, for your suggestions.

if there's sausage, and time :ermm: , i'll also make grilling fool's "carrabba's" lentil soup in the slow cooker.

dw's going to the dentist again, so i hope to have something that she can eat when she gets home.

I'm using the store's help tonight since we are having guest over tomorrow and I don't want to do any cleaning.

Pork escalopes with Gruyere cheese and mustard crumb, cesar salad, and tomato and basil rice.

I'm making Greek style Gyros, but with spiced mini turkey burgers instead of lamb on lightly grilled pitas with diced tomato, red onion, and tzatziki sauce.

Something with hamburger. wheee.
Burritos, burgers, maybe a meatloaf.

I have 5 pounds of fresh salmon filet in the fridge,
and I AM EATING BURGER.

go figure, LOLOOLOL!

BBQ Chicken Drums on the grill.
Red Potatoes - boiled and than fried in a frying pan with some garlic and butter. Lastly, a nice Salad. Salad will be regular stuff like cucs, tomatoes, red onions, jalopenos, cheese cubes and lettuce. It's a typical salad around here. I don't get too fancy. Especially with being almost 8 months pregnant and having a 1 year old at home.

I also started making potatoe salad for Saturdays cookout. I got the potatoes cooked and the eggs cooked and all in a bowl ready to be mixed with the rest of the ingrediants. Haven't had time to finish it yet.

Supposed to have been grilled burgers, but we're out of propane so I'll use the grill pan on the stove. Haven't decided what else, but definitely will have some more cheesecake ice cream for dessert! Oh, yum!!!! With that dessert, who needs dinner.

Pretty boring really (but nice and quick),lamb curry with brown rice. lovely fresh lamb from our familys butchers .

Barb L said:
We are at the lake ! I am grilling bratwrust patties, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes /sweet onions.
(I wait to come here every year, for their homemade bulk bratwurst). So good.
They have internet access at "the lake"?!? Lakes sure have changed since I was a young'un.

LEFSElover said:
reruns. there are so many leftovers here.

BarbL, I did your cake again last night. This time, it was strawberry for the filling, gad it was so good. I was delighted to bring it out after dinner and cut into it. Rave reviews, thanks again!:clap:
Same here all the leftovers from last night.

Back
Top Bottom