Focaccia Bread Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I have tried several different recipes and none really hit the spot, I found this recipe posted on another forum and tried it…it is wonderful!!!

I keep some fresh herbs growing in pots on my patio; I cut some garlic and fresh herbs to go in my olive oil to serve with the bread.

Focaccia Bread
Cookbook:Focaccia Bread - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks

Note: I changed the “Procedure” to fit my bread machine. I also used bread flour instead of AP flour

Procedure
Place ingredients into bread machine in order listed and select the dough cycle. When the dough has risen to the top of the pan remove it to a baking sheet.

Place dough on a greased baking sheet; roll it out to 12-inch circle. (I made mine in my Lasagna pan.) Cover with greased plastic wrap and a cloth towel. Place in a warm place for 30 minutes.

Uncover dough, and poke holes in it with a spoon handle at 1-inch intervals. Drizzle olive oil on dough, and sprinkle with crushed rosemary.

(After I drizzled the olive oil on the bread I sprinkled it with course salt and I used dried Italian seasoning rather than just rosemary.)

Bake at 400° for 17 to 27 minutes, until just golden. Remove from baking sheet, and cool on rack.

img_457263_0_f6645fdaaeeb830fd23433687dd824e9.jpg

img_457263_1_1103e0e6ab0d3a88c27a498cb83b098f.jpg

img_457263_2_86e16ba490e77f1fcfb78e344735c360.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really AWESOME!

It's July but cool and rainy here. I have the day off ... a clean kitchen ... a ton of bread flour ... and a garden full of rosemary .... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:chef:

This looks super good. Is unbleached all-purpose flour fine to use, or do I need to use a specific bread flour?

A/P flour will work just fine. I use it instead of bread flour ..But, you can interchange either flour and still get the same results...
kadesma

Lindatoo,
this is a nice recipe, I make foccacia often without the bread maker, and it's so easy now. It seems hard at first, but I find it a snap..I make a sponge first, then add it to my flour along with evoo, wine, and it turns out delicious..and is a staple at all parties and holidays.. Try making a round foccacia on a large pizza pan, cook, when done brush with more evoo, sprinkle with coarse salt and sprinkle on fresh herbs of choice, a slice or two of prosciutto and cheese and enjoy...
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom