Which Appliance Is or Was Your Best Investment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Ok (opposite of Which appliance purchase was your worst mistake), which appliance was, is now, or do you think would be your best investment, should you decide to buy it?

Which appliance has done well by you, and would you purchase that same make and model again if you had to buy it once more? Come here and tell us about it.

Mine are;

1. My K'Aid Pearl Metallic food processor.

2. My two K'Aid Stand Mixers.

3. My Electrolux Assistant Stand Mixer.

4. My Waring Pro food grinder.

5. My Zojiroushi bread machine.

6. My Zojiroushi Microm rice cooker.

7. My Rivak Slow Cooker, BBQ Pit and my FlavoreWave Convection Oven.

What are yours? Let us know.:chef:

Last edited:
For the DW, it wuld have to be the KA stand mixer.

For me....I'd say my grills. But, my built-in butcher block cutting board is the most used and cared for.

I`m not one for appliances really, as long as I have Fire and pots etc...
I have plenty, but rarely use them.

so it would have to be my Gas hob/oven and Fridge freezer, those are use Daily, as is the Kettle and coffee grinder.

Which appliance? My KA stand mixer.

Corey123, nice inventory. Which one is your best investment?

19 cu ft upright non self defrost GE Freezer
Crosley Dehumidifier
Friedrich Air Conditioner
GE inwall electric oven (20 years old)
GE refrigerator (20 years old)
Frigidaire (GM)refrigerator (50+ years old)
Monkey Ward (KA) stand mixer (40+ years old)
20" Sheetmetal wok (at a cook's supply store in NYC's Chinatown)
12 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 carborundum bench stone at same cook's supply store
Clay "Hearthkit" bread & pizza baking insert from King Arthur
Roemertopfs
Weber kettle grill

Last edited:
Did I misread this? I thought the OP was asking for your BEST investment. That question seems to dictate listing one item.

I have a GE food processer that is over 30 years old. It's heavy as lead and makes a heck of a racket, but it's still going strong!

Andy M. said:
Which appliance? My KA stand mixer.

Corey123, nice inventory. Which one is your best investment?

Thank you!

There's even more!!;

I forgot to list my Gelato Ice Cream Machine, my Sunpentown Ice Maker, my George Jr. Rotisserie, my Maytag portable dishwasher, my Whirlpool fridge, my Kenmore portable washer & dryer pair and my Kenmore and Whirlpool Air Conditioners (5,000 & 10,000-BTU).

I think I covered them all now.

Katie E said:
Maybe those are Corey's "7 Wonders of His Kitchen World.":rolleyes:

Haha!!:LOL:

Make that 14 now with the stuff I just listed.

Andy, I'd have to say that the food processor and ice cream machine are my best investments.

Last edited:
I could list a ton of things, much like Corey. But, if you're talking return on the dollar for performance, I'd have to say our Jenn-Air dishwasher we purchased at our local Salvation Army thrift store many moons ago.

Paid $15 for it and learned by calling the company and giving them the serial number that it had been a floor model in an appliance store. We could tell it had been used little or not at all by the way the underside and back looked. The inside was spotless.

Turns out the appliance store donated it because it was an outdated model and has plenty of whistles and bells. We didn't care how it got to the thrift store. It's wonderful and performs like a champ.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:)

Of items that I actually purchased myself (that did not come with the purchase of my house) i would say my Foodsaver.

My fridge/freezer would be at the top of the list if we are just listing things you would not want to live without.

Beyond a doubt the Sunpentown Ice maker! It's been on making ice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 3 years now - amazing machine! The coffee roaster and burr grinder come in 2nd. The Krups citrus juicer rates a solid 3rd, tied with the foodsaver.

I adore all my "toys" but those are the best of the bunch.:chef:

too soon to tell really, but my Wolf dual fuel range has done all I have asked and expected of it. But maybe it's the Faber ventilation that clears all the smoke and steam I generate with Wolfy so the alarms don't go off.

Andy M. said:
Corey, you don't have very many appliances, do you?

Haha!! So many that I shouldn't have to buy one for a long time to come!

Yeah Harborwitch, I agree with you!!

It is truly something to behold!! Plus it keeps you from ever having to buy ice, which can be ridiculously expensive!

I just used mine the other day to replenish and re-up the ice that was all used up. It's great to have, because you can make tons of ice and store it in the freezer so that you'll have plenty of ice on hand for whatever come what may!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom