Rec-tnt Chicken and Garbanzo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is one we have when it's hot and sticky..I pick up a roasted chicken from the store, pull the meat off and either shred it or cut it into pieces/Put in a good sized bowl and add 1-15 oz. can of chilled,drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, 1-c.monterey or pepper jack cheese cubed,1 small red bell pepper, chopped,4-5 green onions both parts finely sliced, 3 tab, chopped cilantro ..For a dressing I mix together 1/2-c. mayo, 2 tea. lemon juice, 1/2 Tab. chilli powder,2-cloves crushed garlic salt and pepper. I stir this into the chicken,cheese mix, cover and chill 2-24 hrs. Serve on a platter of chopped or shredded letuce of your choice..Garnish with tomatoe wedges and avocado slices.Be sure to toss the meat, cheese mix before placing on the lettuce..Some crusty french rolls and butter is nice or you can do what my son does and cut open the roll and stuff the salad inside for a hearty,drippy sammie..:LOL: I love this one and think I'm going to try it as is but with shredded or thinly sliced pork tenderloin for a change.

kadesma;)

Back
Top Bottom