TGIF! Dinner tonight July 20?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey everyone, I know this is early but I will have a busy day ahead of me here. Got kids going to Harry Potter, a puppy to take to the park and a hubby who will need a nap. I'm thinking I will do some lemony grilled chicken and a caesar salad, and if we're feeling adventurous we may wrap it all in tortillas.

Carne asada, 3 chili salsa, guacamole and black beans. Maybe rice if the wife wants some.

I have some leftover chicken, so I'll make Thai noodles with limey sauce and chicken, and grilled shrimp with Asian-style barbecue sauce (orange marmalade mixed with hoisin sauce). Making my mouth water already ...

Im doing "Cha Sui" pork on a fried rice pilaf. Its already a work in progress.

Yo GotGarlic, Thanks for the idea, and that shrimp would be a nice addition to my meal! Too bad I dont have any right now :(

And TGIF (AIO = and its over) Busy busy day....

I'm cooking meatloaf right now. I used ground beef and I had a very little "raw" piece of a pork roast left so I grinded that up in my food processor and added it to the meat loaf mixture.

I made a salad with what I could find in the refrigerator "lettuce, cucumber, brocolli, baby carrot sticks, cut up some cheese into cubes, and red pepper".

So meatloaf and salad. I don't feel like making a starch. Unless I change my mind at the last minute. Hopefully DH won't mind.

just pulled a pizza out of the oven; onions, garlic, smoked sausage, green peppers, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and tomato sauce. Will have a side of cold bean salad.

Don't have a clue when supper will occur. Last night someone called crying that their computer was struck by lightening so DH has an extra chore on his way home from work.

Got to the lake today, we are having grilled burgers, with hot pepper cheese, tomato, and onions on grilled onion buns, sweet corn, I wrapped in foil with butter and crazy salt, and olives / b&b pickles. Ice cream for dessert

:) Since we dont eat full breakfasts tonight is fried potatoes with onions and green chile,smoked sausage,eggs and maybe some toast.

We got home later than planned from visiting my aunt and uncle in Western PA (forgot how heavy Friday night traffic is in the summer!:rolleyes: ) so we just chopped up some leftover chicken and threw it onto some greens with carrots and parm for a quickie salad.

I bought a nice pound of large Gulf shrimp yesterday & turned them into "Shrimp Parmegian". Just peeled & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil with some dried Italian seasoning, chopped garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes; then layered them in 2 individual-size casserole dishes with grated mozzarella cheese & jarred pasta sauce (Bertolli's Marinara). Baked until hot, bubbly, & slightly browned, then served the individual casseroles with a side of buttered Barilla Plus Rotini pasta & a green salad.

I had pot roast beef, with onion mashed potato and mixed veg, and plenty gravy made with the pot roast juice.

Back
Top Bottom