Zyliss Easy Chop Food Chopper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthea

Cook
Has anyone got the Zyliss Easy Chop Food Chopper?

I was thinking about buying one for my boyfriend - he loves gadgets and likes to help out and feel useful in the kitchen. I thought it might be worth a laugh but do they actually work well? How easy are they to clean? Are they durable?

I love gadgets and am happy to spend money on things that actually work but have found that I keep buying things that are useless, hard to clean and fall apart! I'm sick of wasting money, can someone tell me if these are worth it please?

:blink:

Based on what I've seen, I think you could accomplish the same thing with a good sharp knife. Plus, you would have to find a place to store the chopper. If you have plenty of space, that might not be an issue.

I have one simillar but never used it. I do have a Zyliss mandolin that I use for fries or potato gratins, but that's it. Zyliss is a good brand though. One 'gadget' I would like to have is a flavor injector for meats.

Anthea, I had one for several years. I mostly use it for finely chopping garlic or jalapeno peppers. When I have to chop a large quantity of nuts for like a dessert or cookies, it does a fine job if done in a couple of batches. I would recommend this product to anyone.

I have this one
Zyliss Easy Chop Food Chopper
the word "useless" comes to mind. more words which come to mind.."absolutely useless"....
my bf insisted on getting it because he doesn't like to chop onions (he can cook but doesn't anyways) so basically he used it, i had to wash that "useless device" where the onions get stuck in all sorts of places (and do it quick or it will dry in all sorts of places) and found it didn't actually cut everything properly and also realised i can CUT faster and smaller and didn't make as much noise!!! u have to put a bit of muscle into it as well to get it working even sort of ok.

i just had another look at ur exact wording and realised i have the exact thing u are talking about....if it wouldn't break my bfs heart i would send it to u, free of charge, heck i would even pay u to take it off my hands....no i wouldn't i wouldn't inflict it on anyone :S

Back
Top Bottom