Buckeyes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefcyn

Cook
Anyone have a recipe for Buckeyes? They are a peanut butter candy with a chocolate covering that look like a buckeye (a kind of nut)

Here ya go, Cyn -

CANDY BUCKEYES
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 stick butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1/2 stick paraffin

Mix butter, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Form into small balls. Cool.

Melt chocolate and paraffin in top of double boiler. Stick a toothpick in the candy ball and dip into the chocolate mixture, leaving part of the top uncovered. It will resemble a buckeye. They can be frozen.

Kenyon

By now you know my love of all things maple, so I thought I would send this along.

Maple Buckeyes
1/4 c Butter
1/4 c Peanut butter, chunky
2 c Maple syrup
12 oz Chocolate chips
1 small Paraffin cake

1.Cook butter and maple syrup to 232F. Just before removing from stove add peanut butter - DON'T STIR.
2.When cool, beat with mixer until mixture becomes grainy.
3.Melt chocolate and parafin in a double boiler until smooth.
4.Shape into balls the size of a buckeye. Dip balls into chocolate mixture. Using a toothpick in the center of the ball, dip a little more than halfway into the chocolate to resemble a buckeye. Allow to set on parchment paper.

kansasgirl, have you had the bush's baked beans that are flavored with maple cured bacon? they're my fav canned baked beans.

No, I haven't but I am quite sure that if they have maple I would like them!

Thanks! They all look good, and I think I'll especially want to try the Maple ones, Kansasgirl!

Ah, food forums! Can't beat 'em--might as well join 'em! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom