TNT-Tortellini Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My kids really love tortellini, and in the summer we use it now and then as a cold salad with grilled meat or chicken..I made this for them to have tomorrow at lunch. I took two packages of tortellini with proscuitto and chicken filling, cooked and drained it, then mixed it with about 3 cloves crushed garlic,a cup of sliced red onion, several hadfull of sliced black olives, 1 cup of toasted pine nuts,,1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan, about a 1/3 cup of evoo, a package of sun dried tomatoes in oil which i cut up into small dice..mixed it well and it's in the refridgerator. Tomorrow before serving I plan to shredd some fresh basil and chop some fresh flat leaf parsley to put on top...Will serve with some grilled chicken pieces and some warm grilled Italian bread, ice tea, or lemonade and some of my coconut ice cream as dessert.
kadesma

This sounds delicious. My kids used to call tortellini salad "belly button salad". With such a name, they were always ready to eat it.

I have taken the the cheese filled tortelli and add broccoli & califlower florets carrots,red onion or white depending on what I have, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and this time of the year blanch green bean from the garden. Then add Italian dressing or even Ranch dressing.

When serving I will also have cucumbers and cherry tommatoes. i don't add them till last minute they tend to mush if left in there

licia said:
This sounds delicious. My kids used to call tortellini salad "belly button salad". With such a name, they were always ready to eat it.
Thanks licia. I'll have to tell Cade and Ethan about belly button salad, I can see the reaction now:LOL:

kadesma

letscook said:
I have taken the the cheese filled tortelli and add broccoli & califlower florets carrots,red onion or white depending on what I have, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and this time of the year blanch green bean from the garden. Then add Italian dressing or even Ranch dressing.

When serving I will also have cucumbers and cherry tommatoes. i don't add them till last minute they tend to mush if left in there
Thanks for sharing you idea letscook..I'll make a note to try it soon.
kadesma:)

Kadesma, love your idea. I live on pasta salads during the summer. I sometimes use cheese filled ravioli, perogies, bow ties, penne - any pasta will do. Sometimes I will add salmon, tuna, shrimp or whatever I have on hand. Veggies always vary - asparagus, broc, roasted red peppers, and so many dressings (or ((mint)) pesto & pine nuts) to keep it interesting. Great way to use up leftovers. Another cool idea is a steak or salmon pasta salad.

Last edited:
*amy* said:
Kadesma, love your idea. I live on pasta salads during the summer. I sometimes use cheese filled ravioli, perogies, bow ties, penne - any pasta will do. Sometimes I will add salmon, tuna, shrimp or whatever I have on hand. Veggies always vary - asparagus, broc, roasted red peppers, and so many dressings (or ((mint)) pesto & pine nuts) to keep it interesting. Great way to use up leftovers. Another cool idea is a steak or salmon pasta salad.
Thanks Amy,
One nice thing about pasta salads, is the many things you can add to it..Plus, it makes a complete meal with the addition of the veggies and meat,fish or chicken..In the hot weather it's heaven..I love the idea of adding shrimp or steak.
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom