Show - Survivorman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
I’m watching Survivorman right now. It’s a show where a guy gets dumped into a wild and remote area for up to 7 days with no supplies and he must survive. I have to admit, the concept is great, but the show doesn’t really deliver…..but I can’t help but watch. I wonder sometimes why this guy is still alive!

I think they try too hard to do something “different” with each episode. I feel they should, even if it is repetitive, concentrate on shelter and cooking methods more along with what they do about using natural plant life for food and water. Maybe tool making too? Maybe SuvivorCookingMan! :LOL:

Anyone else watch this show?

I'm a big fan of the regular Survivor (although I REALLY want to see Survivor Arctic!) but never heard of SurvivorMan. What channel?

It is on the Discovery channel Alix.
I love the show. I think it is great. The man is amazing.

There is another show that is similar called Man vs Wild. It is a bit flashier than Survivorman, but the guy, Bear Grills, has been shown to be a phony. The stuff he does is more for show than survival. Les Stroud from Survivorman is the real deal.

GB is right, Man vs Wild is fun, but a bit showy. I didn’t know he had been proven a fake, but the things he did were a bit over the top and unnecessary…….eating Elephant dung on day 1 (only a few hours in at that) of the trip for water?!?!?!?!?!?! :w00t: :sick:

Another show on PBS has utterly spoiled me on survival shows. If you haven’t seen it yet, try, try, try very hard to see Dick Proenneke's story of survival in Alaska in a hand made log cabin. Amazing (granted, it is filmed over the course of many years, so there is a lot of content). I caught it on PBS once and really wish I had recorded it! :(

Anyone ever seen a show on the Science Channel (which I don’t get anymore thanks to cable vs satellite! :mad: ) that is a reality type show where they put 8 or so scientists on an island and challenge them to do things like make a natural pharmacy, a battery, a transmitter, electricity, etc, all from raw material found on the island. Very cool show.

Last edited:
I recorded tonights Survivorman and am watching it now. So far I think this is one of the better ones. He really seems to be struggling hard. This seems like the most unforgiving situation he has been in yet. Well being stranded in the middle of the ocean was pretty tough too.

GB said:
I recorded tonights Survivorman and am watching it now. So far I think this is one of the better ones. He really seems to be struggling hard. This seems like the most unforgiving situation he has been in yet. Well being stranded in the middle of the ocean was pretty tough too.

Which one are you on, the Amazon one? I really liked his Georgia swamp one the other night. At least he does address real health concerns like wet feet and infections.

Yeah the Amazon. I have never seen so many insects in my life. I can feel them crawling all over me.

He got in a shot against Bear Grills. He just said something like "you can't always trust the survival advice you get from some people". I am sure that was directed at Bear.

GB said:
Yeah the Amazon. I have never seen so many insects in my life. I can feel them crawling all over me.

He got in a shot against Bear Grills. He just said something like "you can't always trust the survival advice you get from some people". I am sure that was directed at Bear.

LOL! ;)

Yeah, I caught that little shot too! I had thought another episode came next, but it is Going Tribal (which is a good show too)....BUT, the Gerogia Swamp episode comes on after that at 10 PM Central.

I love that show survivor-man, he is welled trained in all aspects of survival. The other show man vs wild is ok.

Back
Top Bottom