1 Pan Fudge Cake (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I was craving something chocolate this afternoon and I started browsing through some “quick and easy” recipes on the net to see what I could find.

I came across this recipe and there were something like 49 or 59 glowing 5 star reviews for the recipe. I figured ok I’ll try anything once but this is just nuts there’s no way it could work.

I don’t know what to say except all the reviews were right; this cake rocks! It’s dark, moist and fudgy. A lot of the reviewers said that they added a teaspoon of instant coffee to the water because it’s supposed to intensify the chocolate. It just so happened that I had some brewed coffee left over from this morning so I just used that instead of water.

http://www.recipezaar.com/29935

img_475522_0_6d0f429548241d6f54fedc8597b5a50b.jpg

Betty, I'll do you one even darker and more chocolatey. Mine is made with boiling strong coffee. I'm not at a computer where the recipe is easily retrievable, so I'll have to post it tomorrow. However, suffice it to say, this cake is so moist it doesn't even need to be iced. But if you really want to be decadent, ice it with fudge frosting.

The recipe has been in my family since I was a little girl and all our children love it. Yum, double yum.

Wow! Thanks for posting Miss Betty. My DW makes a cake similar to this. Not exactly but close. I can testify to it being top notch!! I absolutely love it warm!! Thanks again for sharing!!

Betty, I'll do you one even darker and more chocolatey. Mine is made with boiling strong coffee. I'm not at a computer where the recipe is easily retrievable, so I'll have to post it tomorrow. However, suffice it to say, this cake is so moist it doesn't even need to be iced. But if you really want to be decadent, ice it with fudge frosting.

The recipe has been in my family since I was a little girl and all our children love it. Yum, double yum.

Cool!!! post the recipe when you can get to it. I love cheap, easy to make goodies.

Wow! Thanks for posting Miss Betty. My DW makes a cake similar to this. Not exactly but close. I can testify to it being top notch!! I absolutely love it warm!! Thanks again for sharing!!

Your welcome.

Back
Top Bottom