ISO Horseradish Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
DH is smoking brisket this weekend, and I thought I'd make a nice horseradish sauce to serve with it.
I'm assuming that all I have to do is mix horseradish with Miracle Whip and/or sour cream. But I've never made it before, and would love hear any suggestions you all might have.
I also wonder if there are any other sauces that you'd recommend to go with brisket?

Miss Connie...

You might try this. Make a simple white sauce, (bechamel) add as little or as much horseradish as you like. Thin with heavy cream if needed. Or maybe add the horseradish to some sour cream, thin as needed with cream. Maybe this will give you some ideas..

Enjoy!

All I do is mix sour cream with creamed horseradish until strong enough. Sometimes I think with cream, sometimes not. It just depends on what I'm using it for.

Sometimes I just slather on some Gold's prepared horseradish or use Woeber's horseradish sauce. I think the sour cream base tastes the best.

I make a sour cream horsey sauce at work. I don't thin it down with cream, as the prepared horseradish we get breaks the sour cream down on it's own. Mix in enough horseradish to taste, then season with fresh ground black pepper, a dash (or less) of Worchestershire, and maybe a little fresh lime juice.

I grow my own, and after a good wash and Scrub this is cubed and then put into a blender, with salt and lemon juice, and then blitzed until fine like a powdery bread crumb.
I store this in the fridge (it keeps for Months!).

from that point you can mix it with whatever you like, Mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, olive oil etc...
sometimes I add it as it to the water/beer mix I cook the Brisket in.

I planted horseradish in my herb garden one year, and found out why it lasts forever, even when you dig the roots. It went EVERYWHERE, and I finally, several years later, had to spray it with Round-up to get rid of it.

erm.... yeah, it will do That, I tried to dig one out, went 4 foot deep and the root was still over half inch thick!
grow it in a Pot!

also the Leaves are great to wrap fish or Chicken in to cook :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom