I had new baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I had Chaunda on August 13th at 10:35pm. She was born 7'1. I attached some pictures. Taking care of two kinds under the age of 2 is tough and has it's challenges. Waking up every 2 hours or even more frequently is also tough. So far, Chaunda is doing ok. We have some gas problems that were dealing with and she tends to want to be a snacker "lol". But, trying to keep it under control. Chayse our first child was EXTREMELY colicky so we are praying.

ok, something isn't working right with the attachments because it won't let me attach.

Anyways, this mothers club I belong to brought us american chop suey and chicken enchalladas to help out. Surprisingly, I've put together a few things. I just sometimes have to piece it together during the day and just heat it up when it's dinner time. If I wait to do everything at dinner time, it most likely won't work out. With DH working late and kids needing attention at that time. I've made my greek pasta and shrimp dish, pork loin in the crock pot, and meatloaf. Sides, I keep very simple - if I can even manage those. oh and yesterday I got my first break. Mother in Law and My mother took care of the 2 kids. I took a BIG nap and also roasted a chicken and had it with salad and instant mashed potatoes plus gravy.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get all the rest you can and right now!! I think you are making some wonderful food despite your very full plate! :chef:

Congratulations!!! That is great news. How is Chayse taking to the new addition to the family?

Congratulations! I knew your absence meant you were busy, busy, busy. Don't worry about keeping up with minor housework. Dust keeps. Just tend to the little ones and get rest when you can. Are you nursing the baby? Most of the time that helps to nearly eliminate colic.

Sounds like you're doing pretty well!

My grandma had a way with colicy babies...she'd lay the baby on it's tummy over her knees, rub it's little back and pat it's bottom. She'd sing "Now, now, now" in this monotone voice that put them to sleep in a hurry.

I'll bet those two grandmas had a great time with your little Chaunda, and I know you appreciated the nap. My mother-in-law said I should get my chores done while the baby was sleeping, but I let the chores go and took my nap when the baby took hers.

Why don't you post your pictures on the members' photos forum? I'd love to see your little bundle of joy!

I posted 2 pics of baby chaunda under member photos.

I bottle feed. I also did with Chayse. Chayse is doing ok. Of course she decides to kick it up a notch since Chaunda has come home and has giving us a hard time going to bed, some teething, went back to being an extremely picky eater ect. ect!

She sometimes gives Chaunda a hug or kiss "lol".

Congratulations on the newest member of your family! I know you're feeling the sleep deprivation. Accept any and all offers of help and then take a nap. Make time to spend with hubby so he won't notice laundry and dust and less than perfect meals. Enjoy this time as much as possible because it's over in a flash. I'm going to look at the pics now.

Congratulations! I remember how tiring it is looking after two little ones and you are doing AMAZINGLY well to be able to get that kind of meal on the table. Just remember, the crockpot and your oven timer are a god send!

Congratulations on your new baby! You might consider asking your pediatrician about a product called Mylicon. My son had horrible gas when he was a baby and it helped him a lot.

congrats legend! god bless chaunda, chayse, and you and yours.

(good thing she's a new baby. no one likes old ones...) ;)

Aw, she's precious, Legend!

I know you're busy, but if you try to pay a little extra attention to your older one, it will help. Everyone is carrying on about the new baby, and she feels left out.
If she's old enough to understand, stress to her how lucky the baby is to have a big sister like her, and how proud you are of the things she can do that the baby cannot. She needs to feel that she's important too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom