Hey guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
It's goboenomo, again.

In the last several months I have been enjoying my time off school. Aside from working, I have been hanging out with my girlfriend, (1 year 7 months) playing World of Warcraft (Level 70 undead shadow priest), and hanging out with friends. I turned 19 on August 23rd, I went to a bar at midnight with my friend. It was pretty fun. The security guard told people it was my birthday, so i had people calling me and talking to me. I had a good time. Then for my actual birthday party, my parents had a limo come pick me and all my friends up and drive us to Yuk Yuk's which is a comedy show and bar. After that we went to a bar/pool hall called Le Skratch.

I haven't been baking much :(. I wanted to make a coconut cream pie, but I just never got to it. It's gonna be hard to find time to do anything now that I'm in college. I'm in a business course that will get me a degree in accounting from the university, if I keep an 80 average. I am also working while in school.. I don't think it'll work. I got up at 6 in the morning to go to class today, and was in class from 8am to 5pm, then i went straight to work until 11. I go back in tomorrow morning at 8am, and 4pm, and the same on Sunday. This leaves me no room for homework. Not that I have much this (the first) week, but I will eventually have a LOT. So.... I'm going to quit... on Sunday. My business courses this semester are, Business Mathematics, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Business Operations, Marketing, and Computer Information Technology.

Over the summer I lost 2 people quite close to me. First one of my best friends, who I have known his entire life, Josh, he hanged himself. His brother found him, and tried to give him CPR, but when they took him to the hospital and did the tests, he was brain dead, and they had to pull the plug. I pulled out my clarinet and managed to catch my friend between band camp and the Navy, and we played together at the funeral. Not 2 weeks after that, my great aunt died. She was at a wedding, and she just fell... and that was it. Her daughter didn't want an autopsy, she just wanted to let it go as something natural. Both of the families are doing much better now. They have all been by for visits.

I'm hoping I'll have time to game, see my girlfriend at her school, post here again.

I also managed to get some videos of that Stepmania game I was talking about I while ago. If you go to Facebook | Welcome to Facebook! and search my name, (Alex Chalmers) I will be in the Toronto ON network, and the Durham College network, and there will be a picture of me kissing my girlfriend. You can view my profile, and then find a link to my videos, and they should be in there. I think... you have to have a facebook account to get to it... I could be wrong.

Alex

{{{{{{goboe}}}}} - Hugs to you sweetie. I'm so sorry for the losses that have occurred in your life. I hope you have fond memories of your friend. What a horrible thing for everyone involved. I wish you and his family peace.

And your Aunt - prayers again sent to you, your family, and everyone involved.

Through all these things I hope you have found some bright spots in your own life. Take care of yourself. It's good to see you.

Wow, gobo. You've had a lot on your plate recently. First of all, I'm sorry about the losses you've had. It's got to be difficult to deal with. Lean on your DC family if you need to.

School sounds busy. Do your best and have some fun, too.

Don't worry about baking. Just do it when time allows. We've always enjoyed all your efforts.

Take care of yourself and considered yourself "hugged" by your DC family.

Gobo I am so sorry to hear about your friend and great aunt. That i a very hard thing to go through. You have my deepest condolences.

I have been thinking about you lately wondering how you have been and what you have been up to. Sounds like you have been keeping very busy. You are making the right choice to quit your job. School should come first and you also need some time for yourself if possible.

Don't be a stranger. Pop in here when you can and lets us know how things are going.

Thanks guys

The only problem I have quitting my job, is that I'll have no money saved up for the next semester, meaning I'll have that much more work to do over the summer break. My parents said I need to have another job before I quit, but I just cannot stand Montanas and longer. Hopefully they'll understand.

You have had a difficult summer goboenomo, So sorry about your friend and Aunt. You will manage just fine, the difficulties we have in life have a way of strengthening us. Hang in there.:)

heya gobo. good to hear from you.

sorry to hear about the sucky parts of your life. and good on ya' for being there for your friends and family.

just remember, the harder you work now, the easier the rest of your life will be.

good luck with your studies, and your girlfriend. ;)

Hey, gobo, good to see you around!

Condolences on your losses.

You sure have had a busy summer. I hope you can hang here more often.

Hey goboenomo, good to see you here. I'm sorry to hear about your tough summer, its so hard to lose folks you care about. I hope you are starting to heal a bit now. Hugs!

I looked you up on Facebook, think I found you, nice picture! Your girlfriend is beautiful.

You have certainly had some highs (turning 19, etc) and some real lows in the last few months. I am so sorry to read about your losses. Cherish the memories of your great-aunt. I was so sorry to read about your lifelong friend. How painful for you and all who loved him.

I hope school goes well for you. I have 2 children in college now. Do your best and be a success. You sound like such a precious soul I know the future will be good for you.

Save the baking for the holidays and then let go and bake up a storm! It'll be a good stress-reliever for you after your studies.

Check in to DC when you can and let us know how things are going for you! God Bless you!!

Heya, Alex.

Sorry to hear of the recent losses in your life. Never an easy thing, I know.

Stop in and keep us informed of your goings on.

I will. I'm putting my 2 weeks in tonight. Unless they offer me more money. If that's the case I'm taking no less than $10, which is reasonable, because I have been there for almost 5 years, and they have to give me the shifts I can do because of school. (Monday - Thursday)

Hi gobo - I was wondering where you'd gone to, and if you'd lost interest in cooking.

Sounds like you have a lot more going on than baking the perfect dessert. And it sounds to me like you are handling it maturely.

Best of luck! Don't push yourself too hard!

Lee

Hey, Gobo! I'm very sorry to hear of your losses; my condolences. It sounds like your life is busy, to say the least. I'm glad to see you back here, and I hope you find the time to drop in when your schedule permits.

Yesterday my friend came over and we baked some cookies. When I made those green cookies (in my baking thread) we had picked out blue sugar to make them. This time he picked out pink at first. So i took a scoop and walked away. Then he took the bag and added blue, and yellow to the pink. I warned him. The cookies turned out kinda weird... hard to describe.... grey...but kinda green... with blue spots.. :S

I put my 2 weeks in on Sunday. So I'll be done for good by the 23rd. Bonus, I'll be getting an extra $600 on my last cheque for my vacation hours. :D

Hey, gobe! When one door closes, another opens. Just have faith. You'll be fine.

About the cookies...man, those can be the best Halloween ghoulie cookies. Who needs cookies to be so cute and pristine? And, George Carlin would definitely appreciate your "unusual" cookies. Just have fun and congratulations on making a hard decision.

I'm hoping that being in business will get my a summer job at my dads work (telus). He's one of the vice presidents, so I might have a good chance getting in something like the finance department.

We were originally thinking black cookies at first... he's a metalhead, so I figured he'd like the idea. I guess his "secret" side must have come out then.:LOL:

I've made a fair share of unusual cookies. Like oatmeal raisin with spearment extract. Layered shortbread originally vanilla, cocoa, and strawberry (neopolitan) changed to banana, cherry, and strawberry. The green cookies. I once did cookies with so much vanilla that they came out a brown that looked like i cooked them a little long... but I didn't, they were quite soft, and very tasty. I gave some to a friend of mine and she bugged me for months to make them for her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom