New Boy From Brighton UK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chef_william

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone, im will from Brighton, UK!

Studying VRQ Lv 2 at college in professional cookery, currently working as restaurant supervisor in a 4* Hilton hotel, but looking to move to a commis position in the kitchen asap......

Absoluely love cooking, cant wait to get in the kitchens & get cooking... its my 1st day in the college kitchens tomorrow, so im really excited!!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard chef william, always great to have brits and professional cooks here.

Have been in Brighton a number of times and enjoy the place. Hope we see a lot of you.

Good for you - - - - doing something you have a real passion for!!!! We expect you to keep us abreast of all the latest, greatest food stuff!!!!!!!

Welcome to DC. There are a few professional chef's here - you'll find them eventually,

Ironchef
TATTRAT
VeraBlue
Robo410
Dave Hutchens I think is retired?
ChefJune is a cookbook author and chef

I'm sure I've missed some obvious ones.

Cheers for the welcomes guys...

In response to kitchenelfs reply, i feel lucky for having the chance to work doing something i love, thats always been more important to me than earning big money, so im well pleased :chef:

My friends just landed a job as chef de rang (i think thats how they spell it) in the Hotel Du Vin, which boasts one of the top restuarants in brighton, so i think ill look at the possibility of moving there as a trainee chef.... we'll see! If not, im also looking at the possibility of moving to the De Vere Grand, which is the best hotel in brighon with five stars! Either way, both will provide excellent training, im sure & will be really positive for my career!

Hello Chef William,
so glad you've decided to join us. Will look forward to hearing about your adventures as you forge ahead with your career.:)
kadesma

Hi, William. Welcome to DC. I've been "out of pocket," all day as they say in my parts, all day so I'm catching up on all the new folks. It's wonderful you're pursuing something you love. The best job is the one you look forward to going to every day. Enjoy our happy, friendly group. We're glad you've found us.

The Hotel Du Vin in Bristol is soooo good! Hope that works out for you!

Same in Brighton - you have to book 4 weeks in advance for a tables of 2 & your looking at 6 weeks plus for a table of 4+ lol

Id love to work there, it would be amazing!!

Great to have you here Chef William! Have you ever tried Banoffe Pie? Tried it and the family likes it. What do you think of it?

Im not into desserts to be honest - VERY rarely eat them im afraid!

I dont like bananas either, but when we have it on in the restaurant it does go down very well with the customers! Im only into choccy desserts to be really!! :-p

Back
Top Bottom