Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   What people do for work and play (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-people-do-for-work-and-play-38392.html)

LT72884 09-19-2007 04:10 PM

What people do for work and play

just like what the subjects states. what do you guys and gals do for a living and what you do for fun.

elaine l 09-19-2007 04:16 PM

By weekday I am a teacher but for summers and weekends I travel around in my Airstream with friends. Oh yeah and like to cook!

LT72884 09-19-2007 04:19 PM

thats cool. what do you teach. i was a teacher for 9 months for 6 year old kids. then i went into the computer technology area. im a network engineer right now and im working on my linux engineering stuff. my fun stuff is biking, cooking, dating, kids, school. family

Andy M. 09-19-2007 04:34 PM

I was a financial professional for many years. Now I'm retired and care for my grandson during the week.

LT72884 09-19-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 484580)
I was a financial professional for many years. Now I'm retired and care for my grandson during the week.

cool. thats what i need is a professional financier to help me with budgets and loans and how to understand them

sattie 09-19-2007 04:53 PM

Application Coordinator for a cell phone company.. whooo hoo! But at least I can work from home. For play, I love foosball, outdoor activities, eating out, and a game called TextTwist.

LT72884 09-19-2007 04:56 PM

hmm cool. im trying to get a friend of mine who works for a cell phone company to get me some of there numbers that allow me to do cool things such as free service and what not.

ironchef 09-19-2007 05:05 PM

I cook stuff. And also surf, play poker, drink a lot of beer and wine, and other things when I'm not feeling lazy.

GotGarlic 09-19-2007 05:06 PM

In my day job, I'm the Web site manager for a medical school. Outside of work, I enjoy gardening (especially veggies and herbs), cooking, biking, kayaking, and photography. I also go out to dinner to a different restaurant each week with friends, and tonight, I'm starting a class at a local arts center on using photography and a fresh eye to create art.

Cool thread idea, LT :smile:

LT72884 09-19-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 484627)
In my day job, I'm the Web site manager for a medical school. Outside of work, I enjoy gardening (especially veggies and herbs), cooking, biking, kayaking, and photography. I also go out to dinner to a different restaurant each week with friends, and tonight, I'm starting a class at a local arts center on using photography and a fresh eye to create art.

Cool thread idea, LT :smile:

SWEET, a webbie. i took 3 semesters of web desighn in high school so i could get my CIW. but i love networking and linux more. Photoshop is the best ever. well IMHO. thanx for the compliment