Hello from Ga!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chynablue

Assistant Cook
Hi! I'm from Georgia and I like southern-style cooking. My boyfriend, however is a great cook from up north. I get great recipes and advice from him as well!

What is everyone's favorite style of cooking here?:chef:

Welcome to DC Miss Chynablue. Make yourself at at home! Most folks here, including myself, enjoy a wide range of styles, cuisines, and methods. So pull up a chiar, sit back, and...Have Fun & Enjoy!!

Hi, chynablue. Welcome to DC. You'll soon discover this is a very friendly and helpful site. And, as Uncle Bob said, we enjoy all manner of different cuisines. Jump in and become part of our family. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome chynablue,
here you will find a mix of just about everything you can imagine to prepare for meals. We all love to cook and eat, so join in and enjoy with us.
kadesma:)

Welcome chynablue, In my short time here I have read about and seen recipes from all over creation one would say. But if you are from Atlanta you probably have some special things to share. Paula Dean of the food net work is a favorite for me. Throw something out here and let's talk about it. From the real bbq to sweet tea and anything between. Biscuits - do you have a good handle on biscuits? I just can not keep myself from overworking the dough. They are edible but disappointing. Advice is welcome. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome, Unclebob and Katie and kadesma and David!

I like Paula Deen very much, but I try to update the old southern favorites with healthier alternatives. My nana's little buttermilk biscuits are THE best, but I tend to stick with cornbread. I follow my grandpa's cornbread recipe from Kentucky, pre-1850's. The secret is a preheated cast iron skillet.
img_486107_0_c9c1ff899069e078969d0904864a61aa.jpg

Any Recipe with that?

Thanks for the welcome, Unclebob and Katie and kadesma and David!

I like Paula Deen very much, but I try to update the old southern favorites with healthier alternatives. My nana's little buttermilk biscuits are THE best, but I tend to stick with cornbread. I follow my grandpa's cornbread recipe from Kentucky, pre-1850's. The secret is a preheated cast iron skillet.

Any recipe with that:) So, how does you nana do buttermilk biscuits that are so good? I'm betting they are that good and I'm just turning green with envy. :ermm: I'm a pure novice cook and yes I do make cornbread but a recipe that goes back like would be nice to have. And yes I would make biscuits but mine just are not presentable.:neutral:

So, how does you nana do buttermilk biscuits that are so good?

I don't know! I've watched her many times, but I still can't get it. She just says, "mix up some buttermilk and flour with your hands" but it is just not that simple. :mad: I'll get it one day, though. :rolleyes: Next time I go to visit, I'll get some pictures.

Hi, Loprraine! Thanks for the welcome :cool:

Back
Top Bottom