New to this sort of thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJeanAnn

Assistant Cook
Just want to say hello, and let you know that I'm glad to have come upon this site.
In need of help with such things as canning foods especially fish. (have 40 Kokanee in my frig that needs to be canned ASAP)
I was just informed that I'm allergic to glutan, which makes me have to take a different look at how I cook many things. If anyone out there relates please ease my mind, I'm feeling alittle alone in this and I do live in a small community which doesnt help. Great cooking, take care, Jeanie

Welcome to DC! I don't have any experience with your specific questions, but I'm sure someone here does. Also, the search function of the site can yield a lot of answers. You're not alone any more!

Welcome to DC, JustJeanAnn! I am sure you will be able to find answers about canning foods and support for your new gluten free lifestyle. This is a great community!

Glutin free? You should find plenty of tips here - don't feel alone. My only experience is a alternative piecrust for a cheesecake to be given to a friend - that and no flour for thickening in the cheesemix itself - piece of pie!
Welcome in JustJeanAnn! Enjoy!

Welcome to DC Jeanie. I can't help with your questions but be sure to post away. Folks here are always happy to help.

Just want to say hello, and let you know that I'm glad to have come upon this site.
In need of help with such things as canning foods especially fish. (have 40 Kokanee in my frig that needs to be canned ASAP)
I was just informed that I'm allergic to glutan, which makes me have to take a different look at how I cook many things. If anyone out there relates please ease my mind, I'm feeling alittle alone in this and I do live in a small community which doesnt help. Great cooking, take care, Jeanie

Hi, Jeanie. Welcome to DC :) I have chronic inflammatory bowel disease, aka Crohn's disease, so I think I can relate :dry: The symptoms are generally similar, although the causes are different. I also have a good friend who has celiac disease, so I'm familiar with that, too. You can private-message me if you would like to talk further about it.

Here's one site that might be helpful to you: Gluten-free Goddess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom