Zesty Baked Meat Loaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
The leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches for lunches.
Enjoy! Debbie

Zesty Baked Meat Loaf

img_492754_0_6e25abc48a8104df31b5c01d5de2c30d.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS; Dry.
2 EGGS
1 can(s) (10 ounce) ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILIES
1 small ONION; Chopped.
2 1/2 teaspoon(s) CHILI POWDER
1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
1/2 cup(s) CHILI SAUCE
_____

In a bowl; combine all ingredients except the chili sauce.
Place meat mixture into a loaf pan (9x5x31/2 inch).
Cover pan with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Remove foil and drain off any excess fat.
Spread chili sauce over meatloaf and continue to bake another 15 minutes uncovered.
_____

Thanks keltin. It did turn out nice. I like the extra little bite the chili sauce gives to the meatloaf. Debbie

Hey Debbie, DW and I are looking at this scrumptious meatloaf and wondering what “Chili Sauce” is? Is it a bottled product like ketchup? Who makes it? Is it hot?

We picked up a bottle of “Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce” at an Asian market the other day that is great on fried shrimp, pork, etc. Is this the same thing? The sauce we have is more sweet than hot.

Hey Debbie, DW and I are looking at this scrumptious meatloaf and wondering what “Chili Sauce” is? Is it a bottled product like ketchup? Who makes it? Is it hot?

We picked up a bottle of “Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce” at an Asian market the other day that is great on fried shrimp, pork, etc. Is this the same thing? The sauce we have is more sweet than hot.

Hi, Keltin. I think what you have is the same thing. Here's an example: Sweet chilli sauce, Mae Ploy brand, available online from ImportFood.com

The Betty Crocker Cookbook has a recipe that uses sweet chili sauce and grape jelly to make a sauce for cocktail meatballs. Yum.

Katie E, What a great idea using tortilla chips. I always have part of a bag of chips leftover that no one ever eats. Sounds wonderful. Thanks! Debbie

Keltin, I get my chili sauce in the ketchup isle. It from Heinz and it's just a little spicier then ketchup. I bet the Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce would be good also.

Sometimes I make my own if I run out. I take 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, dash of ground cloves and dash of allspice and mix it all together. It works great also.

Katie E, What a great idea using tortilla chips. I always have part of a bag of chips leftover that no one ever eats. Sounds wonderful. Thanks! Debbie

Keltin, I get my chili sauce in the ketchup isle. It from Heinz and it's just a little spicier then ketchup. I bet the Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce would be good also.

Sometimes I make my own if I run out. I take 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, dash of ground cloves and dash of allspice and mix it all together. It works great also.

Thank you!! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom