ISO tasty baked egg dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex566

Assistant Cook
Hi, i am not to familiar with egg dishes and i am looking for something like a strata, i do not want to make a crust or anything. just want to throw together ingredients in a casserole dish and have it tast delicious. Does anyone have any recipes to share? i am a vegetarian

While this isn't a strata, it is one my our favorite egg dishes - easily expandable - that can be served for supper as well as brunch/lunch. It's also completely vegetarian.

Eggs Florentine

2 eggs per serving, poached or lightly fried
1 10 oz. package frozen spinach per 2 servings
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
8 oz or more grated Swiss Cheese (or other cheese of your choice), + extra for sprinkling
Dash of grated nutmeg
Ground cayenne pepper to taste
Seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spinach & drain well. Place in a lightly oiled baking dish & arrange eggs on top. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat & stir in flour for a minute or two without browning. Add milk, raise heat, & stir/whisk until mixture thickens, lower heat & add cheese & continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add dash of nutmeg & cayenne pepper to taste.

Pour sauce over eggs & spinach & top with a sprinkling of commercial seasoned breadcrumbs (like Progresso) & extra grated cheese. Bake in oven until cheese melts & everything is heated through - about 15-20 minutes.

I don't have an exact recipe but when I had to make an easy meal for the staff at the restaurant,I would beat alot of eggs and then mix in a variety of vegetables(onions, peppers, potaoes,whatever..)grated cheese, bacon ,chicken and literally whatever I had at hand, and I would bake this mixture in a buttered pan. Let's call it a super frittata.The staff just loved it.

Here's a baked egg dish that is really easy. Just mix it up, pour it in a dish, and bake it. Pick out any of your favorite ingredients to add like broccoli, tomatoes, sliced olives, cheese, etc.

Could always make a huevos rancheros casserole. OK, OK, it is a strata, sorta, but is made with tortillas instead of bread. Can add some nice sauce, such as an enchilada sauce, a green chili sauce, or others. Could serve with frijoles, maybe with some melted cheese (queso blanco), sour cream, a bit of salsa, slices of jalapenos (en escabeche?), you get the idea.

There are lots of recipes out there just Google huevos rancheros casserole and you will get several.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom