ISO help cleaning a slow cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a small boilover while cooking and the food ended up cooking onto the inside of the slow cooker surface for hours. That is, not the ceramic food part, but the metal heating part. It's not coming off with dish soap and a sponge; is there some way to get rid of it or should I just get used to it?

Whoa, w'man. I don't have any idea. Is your slow cooker one where the ceramic liner is removable? If it is, you could continue to wash or scrub until you get it as clean as possible. Otherwise, you'll just probably have to live with it. Sorry you had a boil-over. I'm not sure how that could've happened unless it was too full.

I would fill it up with hot water and dish soap and let it soak, then dump and you a scrubbing sponge, hopefully it will come off. Just don't get the electric part wet.

Barb L. - the OP said it was the interior metal/electrical part that is food-encrusted. You absolutely CANNOT fill that with hot water & dish soap & soak. What you're advising the OP does just invites ruining the unit or electricution.

Watermelonman - I'd do two things before trying to resolve this yourself. First, I'd see if the cooker manual has anything about what to do if this happens (although you've probably done this). Second, I'd do an online search for the company that made the cooker, see if that has any info, & if not, contact them & ask for advice.

One thing I'd definitely do is stop trying to scrub it off until you get advice from the company. You could be doing more damage than just the unsightliness of the cooked-on food.

Last edited:
Yeah - you have to be careful with that stuff Barb. We certainly don't want to see you going up like a Roman Candle!!! Lol!!!

I had this happen to me on my old one. I took it outside and plugged in an outside plug and let it burn off and then let it cool , wiped with a damp cloth and i saved it.
Reason I took it outside was so it wouldn't stick up the house.

I've had this happen several times. I always use a green scrubber pad and a little bar keepers friend. You can get the bulk of the burnt on stuff off and the rest you never see. HTH

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom