Need help with pork stir-fry ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have three nice boneless pork loin chops and a package frozen stir-fry vegetables that I'd like to use to make a pork stir-fry.
But I also have two avocados that are just right to use some way tonight, so I thought I'd go sort of Hawaiian with my stir-fry, and include some pineapple.

I figured I'd slice the pork thinly, and marinate in something.

I really need some in-put from you all!

I like to take some brown sugar (about 1 tbsp) and mix it with the pineapple juice from the can of pineapples, some water (a little less than 1/2 cup), some soy (1-2 tbsp) and some cornstarch (about 1 to 1.5 tbsp). Mix all of that in a bowl and set aside.

Then sir-fry your veggies (carrots, peppers, onion, and snow peas are great here )till crisp and tender. Remove and keep warm. Then stir-fry the pork for a few minutes, then add the sauce, cook a few minutes more, then add the veggies back and cook till heated through. You can also add the pineapple chunks along with the veggies, or save them for your avocados. Once done, it’s good over rice or rice noodles.

If you use the pineapples with the avocado instead, you could make a Hawaiian salad out of it....if you have some tomatoes lying around?

Connie, I'd stir fry the pork and veggies add a sweet sour sauce for the pork, with pineapple some onions, keep the avocado for a salad and separate from the meat and veggies, make it something nice and cool to go along or for an appy before hand...slice avocado wrap with thin sliced ham or prosciutto or stuff the avocado halves with crab,shrimp or tuna salad.
kadesma:)

This is the marinade from Chef Caine's Polynesean Pigout

Marinade

• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup pineapple vinegar
  • 1 Tbs sesame oil
  • 2 Tbs brown sugar
  • 2 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp minced onion
  • 10 cracked red chilis
  • 2 tsp minced ginger
  • 2 tsp salt
and this is the marinade from my "Chinese Dragon" pork loin recipe:

Marinade:
  • 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
    1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
    2 Tbs tomato paste
  • 2 Tbs firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 Tbs Chili Garlic sauce
  • 1 Tbs grated ginger
  • 1 tsp five-spice powder
Either one would work for your stirfry, as a marinade and/or a sauce.

Thanks for the help, Keltin. DH has gotten the pork sliced thinly and it is marinating in soy sauce, cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and a few peppercorns. Once the meat comes out, I'll strain the marinade and add the pineapple juice and cornstarch, as you suggested, then cook until thickened.

I want some of the pineapple in with the vegetables, but the Avocado Pineapple and Tomato Salad with Lime Dressing that you suggested sounds delicious. The limes I have are pretty old, and I'm not sure if they are any good, but I'll check. I also have a couple of dead ripe beefsteak tomatoes that may or may not be useable, but if I have all the ingredients, I' like to give it a try. That would make a good lunch for the two of us.

Oh, Kadesma, I'm so glad you're back!

I love the idea of stuffing the avocado! Yum! I have a can or twi of crab meat in the cabinet. What should I put with it? I've never made crab salad.

Caine! Those marinades sound wonderful! It's too late for tonight, but you'd better believe I'm saving those recipes for future use!

Thanks for the help, Keltin. DH has gotten the pork sliced thinly and it is marinating in soy sauce, cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and a few peppercorns. Once the meat comes out, I'll strain the marinade and add the pineapple juice and cornstarch, as you suggested, then cook until thickened.

That sounds fantastic! I've not done much with avocado myself, so I wish you luck on that! But it sounds like it's coming together!

package frozen stir-fry vegetables

I wouldn't recommend using frozen vegetables in a stir-fry. They will drop the temperature of a hot wok, and the ice crystals will melt and water things down.

I always use fresh veggies in a stir fry. If frozen is all you have on hand, thaw them out and pat off the extra moisture with a paper towel before using them.

Oh, Kadesma, I'm so glad you're back!

I love the idea of stuffing the avocado! Yum! I have a can or twi of crab meat in the cabinet. What should I put with it? I've never made crab salad.

Caine! Those marinades sound wonderful! It's too late for tonight, but you'd better believe I'm saving those recipes for future use!
Connie, I just use some celery, some green onion and toasted almonds mix it with a little mayo and a squeeze of lemon or lime and that is it maybe a little pepper. simple and easy.
kadesma it's so good to be back :)

That's what I did, Bowling shirt, and the vegetables were very good...sugar snap peas, broccoli, water chestnuts, and sweet red peppers. I added canned bamboo shoots, straw mushrooms and pineapple chunks.

Kadesma, I decided to put the avocados in the fridge and save them. We can make a whole meal out of that. Thanks for sharing your recipe...that sounds good!

The stir-fry turned out great, thanks to the help from you all, and a little dumb luck. After I thickened the marinade, it tasted too vinegary, so I found a bottle of Bennett's sweet sour sauce in the cabinet, and added some of that. Voila! Instant fix.

Back
Top Bottom