Hello from the South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Hello all! My name is Calli or Callisto if you want to be formal ;) I am originally from California where I worked in a pub and pizza joint. The food was basic pub grub, tacos, hamburgers, gourmet pizza, wings, things like that, nothing fancy. It was a great "joint" and I loved it. Nothing like that here though, so I'm back to office work and debating going back to school once my teen graduates or maybe even next year during her senior year.

I am a single mom so I specialize in "easy, tasty on a budget" food during the week and fancier stuff on the weekend when I can let myself go wild. I love trying new things, even when they don't work. Essentially I just love to cook.

Hi Calli,
welcome to DC..You've found a wonderful place to play, learn, and share...Glad to have you join us.
kadesma:)

Well hello Calli, Welcome to DC! I'm living in Ohio now but was born and raised in Hickory, North Carolina. So where yall in North Carolina, more or less? Coastal region, Piedmont central region or towards the mountains where Hickory is? Don't be a stranger around here - you will find more than one cooking in a hurry.!

Hey David, I'm near the race track in Concord. What part of Ohio are you in? My dad lives just the other side of 79 off of 80 in Pennsylvania. I hope to find tips and good ideas for easy "weekday" recipes and share what little knowledge I feel I have. I wish I was an expert and hopefully one day I will be.

Well Miss Calli, Concord you say - we would have been back yard neighbors if I had stayed in Hickory! I'm in Marion, Ohio, just due north of Columbus about 45 miles or so. Center of the state pretty much. Don't be a stranger here - and as for experts - yes there are some and it shows; me, I'm a hacker novice. One thing I do know, cook with passion, focus and love for the recepients no matter what you cook and you will be an expert. I Guarantee!

:ohmy::ohmy: - we REALLY could have been backyard neighbors since that's where I still live! :LOL:
I have friends who live at the very last exit for Statesville down 40. Small, small world!! I've been here nearly 4 years and have yet to find a great authentic Mexican restaurant. Are there any out your way? All we have is Salsaritos.

I have friends who live at the very last exit for Statesville down 40. Small, small world!! I've been here nearly 4 years and have yet to find a great authentic Mexican restaurant. Are there any out your way? All we have is Salsaritos.

Does it count for "authentic" if everyone in the restaurant pretty much can't speak English? :chef:

Back
Top Bottom