Blessings To Count

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
One of my 2 indoor kitties got out last Friday sometime in the night because a raccoon literally clawed one of the panes of glass out of the side french doors. When I got up, I went to turn the front porch light off and my other indoor cat Jack came running up onto the porch. That's how I found the glass out. But Milo was gone. I was completely devastated. He is a very easily spooked cat and I've only had him for a year. Plus he's black and it's Halloween - not a good combo in a big city where I live right downtown.

I looked for him and called him for days. I also had a rotten cold so crying made me feel even worse. Monday was my birthday but Milo was still gone. I was really afraid he'd been hurt (or worse) except for the fact that Jack kept following me around and meowing and then running to the doors. I was hoping it meant that knew Milo was out there - maybe hiding under the house or something.

Then about 1:00 this morning, he showed up at the door hungry and scared and wanting in!!!! Thanks heavens a friend was here visiting so we were up and downstairs. I still can't believe it!

Anyway, I had to share this magical little thing with ya'll. And I'd love to hear the blessings my friends at DC are counting.

Yes, Fisher's Mom. I know that our little furry children can come back to us. Buck and I had a really, really scary experience many years a go when we moved from one house to another. I won't go into it now but, after about 3, almost 4, months our kitty came home to us. They know who loves them. Congratulations on the kitty's return. I'm happy for you.

Oh Katie, you are such a lovely person! I had been intending to post about my kitty today and then I read about yours and I felt so bad for you so I thought I wouldn't. Then I read your Front Porch thread and decided it would be good to share - sort of a circle of life thing.

:)One always has to hope for the better.Fishers and Katie its always a miracle when they come back,Yet you cant help but wonder what they were doing and how they made their way back.The best part is when they come home when you least expect it especially when they are gone so long.

Strange but true story. My husband and I had a cat "escape" and never come back - he was old and probably went off to be by himself. When we moved a little neighbor boy kept shuffling his legs and he finally said - what's your cat's name? I said, cat? He said "yes, the gray cat that keeps rubbing my legs". :ohmy:So........I guess our kitty moved with us even if in spirit form. I told this boy that we did not have a cat and he said oh yes you do and it keeps rubbing my legs - and he would catch it out of the corner of his eye but he thought it just darted off fast before he could see it fully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom