Advantium Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenMN

Assistant Cook
I just got my new Advantium oven last week. I have used the microwave, speed cook and regular oven features already. I will have to definitely play around to get the settings just right.

For those of you who have an Advantium, do you have any tips on converting existing recipes? Or do you have some good recipes that work well in the Advantium?

TIA :chef:

I have an advantium and love it. I have yet to cook in it though. I really love the speed cook feature - makes french fries better than the oven! Post any recipes you make, would love to have them! Good luck!

I have not gotten one yet but will be getting the 220V wall unit when we are to that point in a new house. I was out looking at the GE website and they have a new recipe area. You should be able to get some really good ideas from it.

Hope this helps.

Chris

I have had mine since 2000, and I love it. However, I usually use the auto settings. I roast chicken in it a LOT, and also do baked potatoes often.

I love it for pies, but I just look in the recipe book that comes with it and approximate the settings. It's always worked for me..

I wish that I could have gotten the 220. I only have the 120. This was my solution to not having the proper electrical to get a dual fuel oven.

I made the scalloped potatoes out of the book and they were pretty good.

I'm glad to see this thread. I am interested in the Advantium when my current microwave dies. Can anyone say roughly what they sell for? (I need to know if I can take a hammer to my microwave now, or if I have to save first!)

Terry, Advantium ovens run around $1900 for the super one. However, there are lots of discount places. I'd check overstock.com!~

We recently purchased the GE Advantium - it was under $1000 - we love it. It also came with a pretty good size full color cookbook too. I have to admit I have only "cooked" in it once but I use the speed cook alot - very easy, everything is already programmed in.

We recently purchased the GE Advantium - it was under $1000 - we love it. It also came with a pretty good size full color cookbook too. I have to admit I have only "cooked" in it once but I use the speed cook alot - very easy, everything is already programmed in.
Michele, have you made baked potatoes yet? I really love how they come out. :)

Roast Beef in an Advantium????

;)Has anyone tried to make a roast beef in it yet? I couldn't find a recipe for it.

No, I believe that you're referring to the Black & Decker Infrawave. The Advantium I have is a 220v microwave/speed oven.:)

Hello - I have a Sears Kenmore Elite w/Advantium 120 Technology speedcook microhood that cost about $795 (on sale from $972). I purchase it around 2003. I like it very much but I hardly use the speedcook for many things because of the recipe conversion factor. What surprises me is that Kenmore no longer offers this model for sale. Does anyone else out there have one? Also is there some type of cookbook/formula for converting recipes to speedcook measures? Appreciate any informatoin that can be offered.

The GE Advantium comes with a cookbook that explains how to do the conversion on your own recipes.

You might check out their site and see if you can purchase one of their books.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom