Dinner, Tuesday: Oct. 23, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a ton of tomatoes, green/red peppers, zucchini, and jalapenos from my garden, so, with the addition of garlic, onions, lime, and cilantro, i'm gonna make salsa.

does fresh salsa freeze well? i have no time to do a proper water bath canning.

as far as dinner goes, i'm never sure 'till i get home.

I have a bunch of chicken thighs, so it will either be Chicken Paprikash, or Breezy's Chicken Hungarian Goulash, served with broad egg noodles. I'm still getting swiss chard and cherry tomatoes fromt eh garden, so will probably sautee them.

i have a ton of tomatoes, green/red peppers, zucchini, and jalapenos from my garden, so, with the addition of garlic, onions, lime, and cilantro, i'm gonna make salsa.

does fresh salsa freeze well? i have no time to do a proper water bath canning.

as far as dinner goes, i'm never sure 'till i get home.

I think it would be like freezing any of those ingredients on their own--their texture will go a bit mushy. I peel/seed/chop tomatoes and slice peppers and freeze them, but I only ever use them in cooking, then, because their texture isn't something you'd want to eat on their own. So salsa might be a gamble.

Here, it's leftovers again, but to make up for it I have a batch of trail mix cookie bars in the oven.:)

thanks poopsie. ;) (not you, yt. i'll give you your own cute nickname, if'n you want)

most of the salsa will never make it into the freezer, anyway. :pig:
i made, then ate almost a full quart last week. in one sitting!

i'll try an experiment freezing one or two pints, first.

I am not sure how to answer about freezing your home made salsa. I freeze mine and let it thaw on it's own, then use. But the texture probably is compromised somewhat. I do it though and we enjoy it still. You'll have to do it and then you can be the judge.

Just took a frozen fillet mignon tenderloin out to thaw. Will jab it with rosemary sprigs and garlic slices then sea salt/pepper corn medley rub and finally slather it with bing cherry jam for it to marinate. It'll get baked.
Garlic/butter/thyme/olive oil new potatoes with carrots and broccoli will get roasted in the oven. Home made hummus on sourdough from Trader Joe's. I made a recipe that I did a search on for my Scottish Shortbread the other day. It included an egg in the mix. Getting home last night from being gone for several days, my darling said he couldn't hardly eat the cookies cause they are rock hard:mad:. Never again will I switch how I make his favorite cookies. It's 3 ingredients, not the 5 this one called for:mellow:

I'm making a chicken veggie dish only... I'll be using turkey instead of chicken.
I think we'll have steamed cabbage to go with it.

we are having store bought "cheese and spinach raviolis" with my MIL homemade sauce and meatballs. also italian bread. She gave us a containor of her sauce that she recently made.

Tonight is going to be quite adventurous for a week day!

Starting with a couple of bits of Sushi. Wife has never had it before so going to make her try it.

Lemon / Pepper breaded Turkey Escalopes (home made, not pre-made!).
New pots boiled in chicken stock, crushed with herbs and a drizzle of EVOO.
Brocolli & Cauliflower with gravy.

Desert - home made apple pie.

Cubed pork in chicken gravy on rice.

ok... Scrap that! I burnt the rice nearly ruined the pan, so I phoned the Pizza place and asked for "the usual"
kinda sad when you tell them the 1`st part of your phone number, and they tell you the rest and that it`ll be there in half an hour :rolleyes:

not to worry though, the rest if the food is still intact and will be just fine for another day :)

and by all means, call me whatever you like BT, just don`t call me late for dinner!

Haha! My local pizza place knows exactly who I am when I call and I just have to say "The Usual". They know my address too and it just turns up.

Sad really...

have some chicken cacciatore going and will do some polenta to put it over, some garlic bread and maybe some chocolate chip cookies if I'm up to it...
kadesma:)

Tonight it's bean and jalapeno burritos with rice and salad. May make some brownies.

I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight, to a Japanese hibachi restaurant - the one with the big grill. They also have good sushi, which makes a nice appetizer :) DH is grilling himself a steak.

Hey GotGarlic, which one you going to? I see you live SE VA (me too) and my son chefs at one in Newport News. We like to check out the competition and he likes to find new techniques watching other chefs. Here we're having homemade lasagne (the thread earlier about noodles sticking got me hungry for it!) Don't know what else we'll have with it yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom