Pork Tenderloin + Stuffing. Your Ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Does anybody have any ideas, anything at all, to help me with tommorow night's dinner.

I want to grill a pork tenderloin over coals on my BBQ pit, and make some DELICIOUS home made dressing/stuffing.

I dont eat giblets or any of that crap.

Any ideas? on a theme?

Maybe i should soak some chips in apple juice and then throw them over my coals to smoke the tenderloin?

I have only recently gotten into cooking pork (the good Jew that I am) so I am not expert at all, but fruit seems to go really well with it. Maybe you could make some sort of compote?

A friend of mine prepared one with dried fruits and garlic. Then he grilled it. It was rather tasty.

The pork might be to mild for this, but maybe do a peppercorn crust since you just got those great peppercorns?

GB Okay...Okay..Now we're on to something.

What type of sweetness like as in dried fruits, or what type of nuts, would go with a peppercorn crust?

Also, anyone have a great TNT stuffing/dressing recipe? Really traditional, not a bunch of ingredients.

Also, can i make my stuffing out of bread i just got at the bakery or does it have to be day old bread.

I was thinking something like apples and cranberries for fruit.

Fresh bread can always be used. Just dry it out a bit in a low oven if you need that day old bread texture.

Okay GB - We got somethin going.

Peppercorn crust, cranberries stuffed inside - Now what else could be stuffed inside?

Any kind of nuts? What fresh herbs?

heh...thanks for your help. let's work this out step by step.

Whatever kind of nuts you use, I would recommend toasting them first. Much more flavorful. I would make a bread stuffing then add the dried cranberries, toasted nuts, some fresh sage, s&p. You will need to moisten the stuffing with stock .

Some sort of mild nut would be good. My first thought would be macadamias (sp?). For herbs I would maybe think rosemary. Garlic might not be bad to add as well.

Im going to buy a pork tenderloin. the ones that look like a beef tenderloin

cheers

Yes i will toast the nuts. I have a pecan tree. Would Pecans go with cranberries?

Okay..... Now i want to stuff this pork tenderloin.

What is the best way to go about doing that?

pictures would be cool.

I stuff my pork tenderloin with this mixture, and grill it. Saute some shallots. add chopped mushrooms, (whatever I have fresh), and a bit of chopped garlic, S & P. Add some chopped apple. When softened, add some white wine and cook down. When almost all liquid is gone, take off the heat and add enough fresh breadcrumbs to bind. I usually add a good dose fresh thyme or summer savoury to it. When cool, stuff the tenderloin, tie, and grill.

A pork Tenderloin is fairly small. You could stuff it, but I think they're best just grilled whole and sliced. The tenderloin is incredibly tender and juicy. And grills very well. But, stuffing is definitely an option.

A pork loin on the other hand is huge. It’s not as tender as a tenderloin, but it’s certainly not tough at all. That’s a lot of meat. Some people do cook them whole, but most will cut a loin down into a roast or two, chops, and stir-fry scraps. It's much easier to stuff a loin. I also like to just grill a loin roast whole over medium coals.

Which cut are you getting?

Tenderloin.

How hard is it to stuff one? I mean just a lil pocket of stuffing in the middle.

So far im putting Garlic, Shallots, Cranberries, some type of nut....and some type of fresh herb.

Not sure which yet.

Tenderloin.

How hard is it to stuff one? I mean just a lil pocket of stuffing in the middle.

It’s not hard. Ever butterfly a loin chop? Same principal, except you fold it back together after you’ve stuffed it. You'll want to tie it as well.....or at least pin it together.

I think just a good sage dressing with some chopped dried apricots would be great. Sage is so good with pork. I would also add a little thyme and perhaps a pinch of rosemary.

Roasted red peppers go great with pork loin!!

You can coat a loin with red pepper relish and grill it--very tasty..

Myles, if I can do it, it's not hard!!1:LOL:I make a deep slit in it, stuff it and tie it off. It cooks really quickly.

Constance, the sage / apricot one sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom