What's for dinner, October 25th, Thursday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Our dinner table will contain:
chicken pot pies, empanada style, home made from baked chix in freezer
they include, tiny chopped red pepper/onion/garlic/carrot/celery/potato, in a rich gravy
savory pie crust circle that'll be flipped into the empanada style then crimped, egg washed and baked
string beans with bacon/onion/almonds
cottage cheese with pineapple/mango chunks
chococlate pudding

Last edited:
Roast beef, roast potatoes, mixed Veg all served inside a Giant 8" Yorkshire pudding each covered with beef gravy :)

I'm making ribs tonight with some kind of potato. Haven't decided yet.
Some green beans with bacon and dinner rolls.

Roast beef, roast potatoes, mixed Veg all served inside a Giant 8" Yorkshire pudding each covered with beef gravy :)

Oh, man! That is one of my favorite meals that my mom used to make. Could you save me a plate?

Our son is here from Florida, and my husband had planned on smoking a brisket and turkey today.It's raining here, so he's doing it just inside the front door of the barn. There's a big sliding door in the back that he opens as well, so there's plenty of ventilation.
We'll have baked beans and slaw with that. I know I'm lazy, but I think I'll pick the slaw up at the KFC drive thru.

It's pouring down rain here - finally! - and a bit chilly, so I'm thinking chicken a la king over mashed potatoes with roasted green beans.

i was thinking of going to the store to pick up some lemons and avocados to make guacamole to go along with my salsa.

i wonder if there's anyone out there that has a good recipe for guacamole? ;)

maybe someone who has a deep love for avocados, and has a meyer lemon tree in their yard.

just maybe.

Paul has a dinner meeting so... I'll either have leftovers
or stop for a burger on the way home.

We're just having leftover taco stuff from the other night. Would you believe tonight is trick-or-treating around here? I know, Halloween isn't until next week but for some reason a lot of townships around here schedule trick-or-treating for the Thursday before Halloween. Go figure. Anyway, we'll need to eat quickly before our house is bombarded from 6-8. We'll take Sofie out this year, too, but we'll just hit a few houses and visit neighbors, since she doesn't eat candy.

do they drop any of the kids from a crane, pab?

i'd think the little one's in bat costumes would have a slight advantage. :rolleyes:

i was thinking of going to the store to pick up some lemons and avocados to make guacamole to go along with my salsa.

i wonder if there's anyone out there that has a good recipe for guacamole?

BT, I mash the avocados with a fork, sprinkle with lemon juice and mix in drained salsa to taste. It may not be the classic way, but it's very good.

I made a yummy dinner for myself this evening, adzuki beans, kale, cumin, onion, pepper and tamari served over brown rice cooked in veggie stock.

Fried haddock, rice, corn. Ice cream for later during the Red Sox game.

Beef pot pie, green salad, rolls, no dessert, to tired tonight.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom