Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's for dinner, October 25th, Thursday? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-october-25th-thursday-39363.html)

LEFSElover 10-25-2007 07:34 AM

What's for dinner, October 25th, Thursday?

Our dinner table will contain:
chicken pot pies, empanada style, home made from baked chix in freezer
they include, tiny chopped red pepper/onion/garlic/carrot/celery/potato, in a rich gravy
savory pie crust circle that'll be flipped into the empanada style then crimped, egg washed and baked
string beans with bacon/onion/almonds
cottage cheese with pineapple/mango chunks
chococlate pudding

YT2095 10-25-2007 07:37 AM

Roast beef, roast potatoes, mixed Veg all served inside a Giant 8" Yorkshire pudding each covered with beef gravy :)

middie 10-25-2007 08:52 AM

I'm making ribs tonight with some kind of potato. Haven't decided yet.
Some green beans with bacon and dinner rolls.

Constance 10-25-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YT2095 (Post 499780)
Roast beef, roast potatoes, mixed Veg all served inside a Giant 8" Yorkshire pudding each covered with beef gravy :)

Oh, man! That is one of my favorite meals that my mom used to make. Could you save me a plate?

Our son is here from Florida, and my husband had planned on smoking a brisket and turkey today.It's raining here, so he's doing it just inside the front door of the barn. There's a big sliding door in the back that he opens as well, so there's plenty of ventilation.
We'll have baked beans and slaw with that. I know I'm lazy, but I think I'll pick the slaw up at the KFC drive thru.

GotGarlic 10-25-2007 09:58 AM

It's pouring down rain here - finally! - and a bit chilly, so I'm thinking chicken a la king over mashed potatoes with roasted green beans.

JohnL 10-25-2007 10:30 AM

It's damp and rainy here today too, YAY!!!
So I think we'll go with chili and cornbread.

buckytom 10-25-2007 10:36 AM

i was thinking of going to the store to pick up some lemons and avocados to make guacamole to go along with my salsa.

i wonder if there's anyone out there that has a good recipe for guacamole? :wink:

maybe someone who has a deep love for avocados, and has a meyer lemon tree in their yard.

just maybe.

LEFSElover 10-25-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom (Post 499866)
i wonder if there's anyone out there that has a good recipe for guacamole? :wink: maybe someone who has a deep love for avocados, and has a meyer lemon tree in their yard. just maybe.

just who ya talkin about Buck?
check your PM's......

Barb L. 10-25-2007 11:05 AM

Tonight will be chili dogs, fries and coleslaw.

pdswife 10-25-2007 11:09 AM

Paul has a dinner meeting so... I'll either have leftovers
or stop for a burger on the way home.