Woot-Off in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I check Woot every day... have yet to buy anything though.
Have you... what was the quality of the item?

I've gotten quite a few things, but it's mostly electronic, computer and techie-type gadgets that my boys love. Usually, I google the item and try to find reviews first. Also, I check the warranty. But there are some good deals on stuff if it's stuff you need at the time.
Of course, during the Woot-Off, they put up one item after another after each one sells out. It lasts anywhere from 24 to 72 hours. The ultimate prize that everyone stays up for is the elusive Random Bag of Crap - which sells out in seconds, crashes the servers, and usually signals the end of the Woot-Off.

I love Woot. Thanks for the Woot Off alert!

I have only bought one thing from them, which I was very disappointed with, but that was my fault for not checking the comments first.

It's an internet shopping site (sort of) that features one item a day. When it sells out or the 24 hours is up, that's it. You cannot purchase or order that item until it is featured again, if it ever is. There are lots of these One Day-One Deal sites, but Woot was one of the first. Woot is especially well known for it's humorous and bizarre descriptions of the items offered and also for the daily blog. That's where Wooters discuss the current item, as well as anything else that comes into their strange little heads.

Somebody should buy a roomba so there will be a new item. Perhaps the infamous bag 'o crap will be posted soon.

Somebody should buy a roomba so there will be a new item. Perhaps the infamous bag 'o crap will be posted soon.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Welcome aboard, JenMN! I'm always looking to score a BOC, which leaves me unwashed and sleep deprived during woot-offs. I actually have gotten 2, and all I can say is those guys at Woot are all about truth in advertising! (I really can't for the life of me figure out why I crave the BOC!)

man do I love my roomba! It's a wooty woot... so is my Scooba!

I've come close to a BOC, but the servers crashed just a few seconds too soon,
darnit.

: I'm always looking to score a BOC, which leaves me unwashed and sleep deprived during woot-offs. I actually have gotten 2, and all I can say is those guys at Woot are all about truth in advertising! (I really can't for the life of me figure out why I crave the BOC!)
So what have you gotten in your BOC?

Here's what was in my BOC's. One had a camera bag, a flash light and a box of 100 used 3.5" floppy discs. There was something else, too, but I can't remember. The other one had another camera bag, an American eagle mouse pad, a 2.4 ghz cordless phone, an ethernet cable on a retractable reel, and another flashlight. Mind you, these were 3 crap bags and cost $8 shipped.

Okay, all, the BOC was just up and of course, crashed the servers. I have no idea if I scored. Will have to wait for the confirming e-mail. Anyway, here's the description of the latest Random Bag of Crap:
Bag O’ Crap XXII

Wait, wait, why are you clicking that button? Don't click! You don't want this junk. Seriously, clicking that I WANT ONE button is a one-way ticket to disappointment and shame. You'll cram a few useless clumps of consumer flotsam into your life, be out like eight bucks, and for what? For what? What is the sound of one hand crapping?

If you must proceed, CHECK THIS OUT. Somebody misunderstands this concept every time, so please READ THE BIG PRINT:
1. WHEN YOU ORDER THIS ITEM, YOU’RE ORDERING ONE (1) BAG WITH up to THREE (3) PIECES OF CRAP IN IT.
2. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SELECTING THE QUANTITY: THREE WHEN YOU ORDER.
3. YOU WILL WASTE FREIGHT IF YOU ORDER FEWER THAN THREE. And you’ll get less crap. Wait, why is that bad again? Do you people really need more crap?
You’re only getting one bag, no matter what. The order quantity you select is the number of crappy items we’ll put in your bag. Select THREE. Later, you’ll enjoy the satisfaction of taunting the surprisingly large number of less observant Wooters who ordered less than THREE.
As usual, we promise nothing about the quality or the desirability of these bags or their contents, except to promise that their quality will be low and their desirability will be non-existent. The best quantity you could possibly order would be ZERO.

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v2.0:
I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond one bag of some kind and your chosen quantity of crappy items (which should be THREE).
II. Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s crap turns out to be nicer than yours.
III. Thou shalt take a moment to consider whether you might be better off just not buying this crap.
IV. Thou shalt not order just one crap and blame it on anything but your own inattention.
V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the crap you want, want the crap you get.
  • The crap will be shipped via SmartPost, the crappiest shipping method available to us.

If there are any fellow DC folks out there suffering from insomnia, here's a thought:

Let's Woot-Off together!!!!

(There is a woot-off in progress, for anyone who's interested.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom