ISO Italian olives curing recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
Does anyone know how to do italian olives. How about a receipe? My family loves them,but my husbands grandmother can't remember how to do them.

You have to give us a little more information. Are you talking about already brined/cured olives that are further marinated in various dressings &/or sauces? Or are you talking about brining/curing hard fresh-from-the-market green olives?

The New York Times had an article on old-fashioned home-curing your own olives in their food section just a couple of weeks ago.

I copied & saved it to my computer, but can't post it here due to copyright issues I would think. If you'd be interested in having it, let me know & I'll send it to you via private message.

Okay - just sent it to your private messages Mikki. Had to send it in 2 separate messages as it was too long to fit in just one message. One message has the article; the other the curing recipe.

Thanks breezy i'll show this to my husbands grandmother and see if it has some of the things she remembers

Um just wondering, do mind if I could also have the recipe BreezyCooking?

Long live "Access Denied" at work for the Internet. Will have to check this out at home. thanks!

Yes, that's the article & recipe. However, in most if not all cases you have to register with the New York Times website before you can access their online pages (it's free, though), & even then they only seem to keep their recipes online for a certain amount of time, after which you have to actually pay for them.

I found this out awhile ago when I tried to find a recipe that had been in their food section a couple of months prior. Got a message that said the recipe was no longer available in their online archives, but that I could obtain it for $5.00. Good grief - I could get a whole cookbook (on sale - lol!) for that. So from now on, when I see a recipe I like in their Wednesday food section (I get the paper sent to me online), copy it into my documents right away.

That said, I'll be happy to PM the article to you Rom.

Yes, that's the article & recipe. However, in most if not all cases you have to register with the New York Times website before you can access their online pages (it's free, though),...

That's interesting. I've never registered and was able to access the article to create the link and when I clicked on the link in the post.

Just lucky, I guess.

It seems to be hit or miss with the NYT's website Andy.

Sometimes I can access things there without signing in; more likely than not I get the message that I either have to sign in or register for access. And after that message re: having to "buy" a recipe, even after signing in, I now just darn make sure I copy anything I might want to try - lol!!!

It seems to be hit or miss with the NYT's website Andy.

Sometimes I can access things there without signing in; more likely than not I get the message that I either have to sign in or register for access. And after that message re: having to "buy" a recipe, even after signing in, I now just darn make sure I copy anything I might want to try - lol!!!

I agree. It's madness to pay $5. for an internet recipe, even if it is from the NYT and comes with a full article.

Thanks :) Received and awaiting deployment :) $5? say what???
Didn't get a chance to go to the website yet :(

Does anyone know how to do italian olives. How about a receipe? My family loves them,but my husbands grandmother can't remember how to do them.

Curious about where you obtain your olives? I've often thought about curing my own and found some fresh ones available from CA that I have ordered.

Well, thanks for mentioning this, because now I've gotten all excited about curing olives myself. The ones coming to me are ripe, not green. I've found a number of different recipes and directions and plan to try several of them. I'd love to hear how you decide to do yours and how they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom