Who Is Also A Yelper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
Anyone here?

Food and critique go hand in hand. Though you can write a review on ANYTHING, from restaurants to the local park, the dry cleaner to the roller skating rink, Yelp.com is your chance to be the critic. Just wondering who else is there too.

Hey Tatt I just signed up last month after seeing you mention it. This is one of the greatest sites I have seen in a long time.

Anyone here who has not signed up yet is missing out. I have learned about some amazing restaurants in my area because of this site. You can read and write reviews of restaurants anywhere in the US (not sure about outside the US). I found a person in my area who has hundreds of reviews. Some places I have been to and others I have not. His reviews of places I know seem to line up almost exactly with how I feel about those places so i will look at other places he has been to and loves for ideas of new places to try.

Tatt, what is your Yelp name? I will add you as a friend.

Last edited:
I was a member of EatingWA for the past couple of years which is similar to Yelp and targetted restaurants/takeaway in my state. We discussed lots of other things, shared recipes, ate out together and made friends. It went down once FaceBook became as huge as it did. Now it is just dull. But at its height, you learnt to look for reviews by certain people as you could trust their judgement. I also found some excellent restaurants as well as friends.

If Yelp is anything like EWA, I would recommend to anybody to join.

It sounds like it is probably pretty similar to what EWA was.

I love that you can review any business type, not just restaurants. Of course for us here the restaurant parts are going to be the most exciting, but it is really helpful to see the other stuff too. I learned about a massage place to stay away from because of this site for instance.

I yelp! But I'm not a member, I just read reviews. It's a very popular site in the San Francisco bay area. I find recommendations for everything on there!

Hummmm....maybe I should be a member!

Become a member Red. You have so much to offer. Don't deny the other Yelpers of your great voice and opinions :) and hey if you become a member then let me know your name so I can add you as a friend!

Okie dokie GB, you talked me into it! I'll get back to you with my username...

(and thanks for such a sweet compliment!)

Hey my pleasure Red :)

Corazon you are going to love it. Feel free to add me as a friend. My Yelp name is Gary B.

Hmm looks like you can't search on a nickname and there are 5 pages of Jon K's. Which city/state?

Back
Top Bottom