ISO Nativity set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I would LOVE to have the same nativity set that I grew up with, but, can't find even a picture of one. It was probably made in the 60's or early 70's. Does anyone have any websites that they have actually bought one from?
The one my mom had was a cheap cardboard barn with hay on the roof, and angel on the edge and a star in the center of the top with a light that went through the back so that the star was lit. The set had all of the figures, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the Wise men, all holding their gift, the shephard holding a sheep. a couple of extra sheep, a camel, and a cow. I can't spend $100's on it, but, I don't want a cheapo either. I know that I will never find the one that I want, but, I want it to a have all the figures.

Bless you Katie. that is not the one, but, I kept looking and I now know where it came from. This is the Manger, but, the figures are not right. I have NEVER bought anything from EBay and never planned to, but, this might be the one time if I can find the figures. I will buy 2 sets just to have the right figures and the Manger. Thank you!!

Wow, I didn't realize that most of them only take paypal. Don't have that, don't know what it is. Oh well, at least I know where it comes from. I can keep looking for it. Thank you again Katie!!

:)TexasGirl if you find something you really want something from Ebay we can work something out I have Pay Pal and can have it shipped straight to you.Let me know its no problem at all.Be sure to check sellers feedback so you know they are on the up and up
They have many sets listed check them out you just might find what you want.

I think if you asked them, they would accept a certified check of money order. The reason so many folks use PayPal is they may have been "burned" with people paying with bad checks.

When we didn't have a PayPal account we usually just asked the seller if we could make other arrangements. Most of the time they were very accommodating as long as we didn't use a personal check. Look into that.

wow, thank you so much jp, but, I found one I am bidding on one that will accept money orders and personal checks. I'm excited. I have never done this before and I REALLY want this. It brings back really warm memories of my mom!!

wow, thank you so much jp, but, I found one I am bidding on one that will accept money orders and personal checks. I'm excited. I have never done this before and I REALLY want this. It brings back really warm memories of my mom!!

Oh, texasgirl, I'm excited for you. I've spent many years trying to "replace" some of my childhood toys. Most of my toys were thrown out as punishment. Sad, but not everyone had a Beaver Cleaver childhood. I took immaculate care of my toys and had an awesome 1950s set of toy Revereware that I would kill for today. Actually, the prices for replacing the set is what is really killing me, but I'm slowly getting all the pieces that were trashed.

Hope you are the winning bidder. It's so exciting to recover something that has good memories attached to it.

Oh, texasgirl, I'm excited for you. I've spent many years trying to "replace" some of my childhood toys. Most of my toys were thrown out as punishment. Sad, but not everyone had a Beaver Cleaver childhood. I took immaculate care of my toys and had an awesome 1950s set of toy Revereware that I would kill for today. Actually, the prices for replacing the set is what is really killing me, but I'm slowly getting all the pieces that were trashed.

Hope you are the winning bidder. It's so exciting to recover something that has good memories attached to it.

I'm sorry you didnt have a good childhood. Fortunately, my mom made my upbringing as special as she possibly could. We didn't have much, but, that didn't matter.

:(I also did not have the Beaver Cleaver life but it sounds like we both survived and carried on to be the people we we knew we should be.JP

I WON!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to get it here and see it. I will probably buy other figurines, as these don't look like my mom's, but, I am just amazed to find the manger!!
I also need the donkey, camel, cow, sheep and little shephard too.

And you know what, you two, you are both GREAT people!!! I'm glad to have you as friends!!

:)TexasGirl if you find something you really want something from Ebay we can work something out I have Pay Pal and can have it shipped straight to you.Let me know its no problem at all.Be sure to check sellers feedback so you know they are on the up and up
They have many sets listed check them out you just might find what you want.
:)My offer is a standing offer if you need it I will help you.No big deal thats what I do.

Back
Top Bottom