Mashed Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
I am not sure if I am putting this in the right place..so please forgive me if I gooped up. My favorite recipe for mashed potatoes is using whipping cream instead of milk. It is located by the milk at the grocery store. I just thought I would recommend it since holidays are coming up. Using half and half, makes the mashed potatoes so much better. I use butter and salt and pepper with it of course too. I highly recommend it:)

Last edited:
I typed in a hurry and goofed..use whipping cream located in the milk section of the grocery store..not half and half. It is alot better than using milk. Sorry for the mistake..will go edit it now.

I make my mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese. Very rich, of course, but delicious. Also, it can be prepared ahead and frozen, then pop in the oven for 1/2 hr. before serving. Always a big hit!

I have another recipe for mashed potatoes that can be made ahead too and then baked later. It is really good too. I will post it tomorrow- if I think of it.

My favorite mashed:

Use large russets, cut into 2 inch chunks. Easily scalable.

For each russet use:
1/4 cream
2 TBSP butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp white truffle oil.

Boil potatoes until tender, mash.

Melt the cream and butter together, then mix into potatoes, mix in the garlic and the truffle oil.

Potatoes like no other.

I use mayonaise instead of milk, with butter, salt and black pepper. then if there is any
leftovers I make a potato salad out of whats left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom