Tonites dinner w/photos - Eggplant Parm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
Made some eggplant parm... not a huge fan of it but the GF loves it so here it is. Homemade 4 cheese sauce, some cutlets and fresh mozzarella

img_502110_0_e8ccec5335be74983356ebe75faeb2f7.jpg

ahhh to be able to view pictures while at work.....
will have a look at home lol :) bet she loves it!! mmm 4 cheeses....melted..mmmm yum

That looks so good, should post your recipe.

here it is....

- 1 or 2 eggplant, thicker the better for larger slices
- grated parmasean
- fresh mozzarella
- tomato sauce
- veggie oil
- flour
- egg wash
- bread crumbs
- salt and pepper

Peel the eggplants and slice them into thin pieces (about 1/4 inch thick). lay them out on some paper towels and sprinkle with some salt. let sit for 15-20 minutes until some moisture is released. pat dry and season with pepper. dip eggplant first in flour, then eggwash, then breadcrumbs. Brown the eggplant in the oil over a medium flame to make cutlets. transfer to paper towels.

cut the mozzarella into very thin slices. preheat over to 350 degrees. about 1/8 inch thick (i use wax dental floss to cut it really thin). in a small baking dish ladle in a layer of tomato sauce. then place 2 stacked eggplant cutlets. top with some parmasean and 1 of the mozzarella slices. Then more sauce. stack 2 more eggplant slices. then more sauce, then parmasean and topped with another slice of mozzerella. sprinkle some oregano on top.

transfer to oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.

The sauce is a basic sauce i make. 2 small cans of tomato paste with 12 oz of water. boil that until it gets to a puree like consistency. then add in 3 dices roma tomatoes, and 2 peeled crushed roma tomatoes. Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some chopped fresh bay leaves to taste. lower to a simmer and stirring frequently until the sweet tomato flavor cooks out (approx 20 minutes). add in about 1/4 cup each of grated parmasean, romano, gruyere, and a dash of champagne cheddar. mix in well, return to a high flame for 5 minutes. salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited:
Looks Dee-lish. You make all the food I like. (Would give some more karma, but have to spread it around.)

What is champayne cheddar cheese like? I've never heard of it.

its lighter and a bit sweet. you should be able to find it in most grocery stores, i get it from the big chains all the time. new york champagne cheddar. you could sub in any light mild cheddar.

Back
Top Bottom