Your ideas for turkey marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
What do you marinate turkey in?

A while ago I posted about buying pre-marinaded turkey tenders (2 to a pkg) that had a flavor I didn't like. I just got out the second one and want to try to reduce the flavor.

Suggestions for your favorite turkey marinade?

Last edited:
The flavor of the marinade has already penetrated the meat - so you're really not going to get it out. You could do as was suggested before - soaking it for a couple of hours in buttermilk might reduce it some by diluting it with the buttermilk.

One problem with trying to suggest another marinade or a sauce is not knowing what the flavors are that is in the marinade that you don't like. Some additional flavors could compliment what is already there and make it taste better, some could compete with the flavors and actually make it worse. Anyway - look at some of these marinade recipes to see if anything sounds like it would work.

If the flavor is weak enough, or complementary, you could maybe do a sweet-and-sour turkey stir-fry. Or, maybe turn them into turkey chicken enchiladas.

Thanks. I have it thawing in buttermilk right now. Thought I'd start with that at least.

I wish I knew what the flavor was that I didn't like. I just remember not liking it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom