Women at home are doing serious business too...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
Dear All

Women at home are doing serious business too like we do in our corporate world. Worth reading

Father came home and found his three children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife.

He was worried she may be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor.

Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked another bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world did I do today ?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply?

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

Send this to a woman.

It's Priceless!!! !!!!!

And to a man so that he understands the value of a woman!!!

I think this is priceless, it to bad that it is real. hopeffuly someday the percentage won`t
be as high as it is now. and that goes both ways with men and women. yes there is men out there that is in the same boat as this women.

I think this is priceless, it to bad that it is real. hopeffuly someday the percentage won`t
be as high as it is now. and that goes both ways with men and women. yes there is men out there that is in the same boat as this women.
:rolleyes: Perhaps there are, but not even 1/100th as many!

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, we housewives are generally misunderstood.
My boyfriend at least does not ask what I do all day, but other people do. They suggest that if only I get myself an education(I have a third level education and around 4 years related work experience but they presume I have no education), the world will be my oyster. Or else they grill me about what I studied and tell me what kind of job I could find with that education. :rolleyes:
I am even called lazy and told I should get a job. Or that I should be helping the government by having a job and paying taxes. They dont seem to pay any attention to the fact that I have produced a child which is going to help pay for the people who will be old age pensioners in 15 years. People often dont have a clue how much looking after kids involves.

I'd love to be a stay at home mom...less politics, and more rewarding! My neighbour is a stay at home mom, which is so rare these days. You can already tell how much her children have benefitted from it because they are really great kids! My mom stayed at home until I was 12, and I thank her everyday for it.

That's so funny!!

I saw that as an into to "According to Jim" a year or so ago... (where did that show go btw)

Then about 2 months ago I was reaaly not feeling well, so I camped on the couch all day. My husband came home and just laughed.... saying "wow, mom really IS sick today!!"

Less politics???!!!:LOL:
Are u kidding m00nwater.
The second people know a women is pregnant, they start interfering with unasked for advise and coments, and it does not stop until I dont know when. I will let u know at what age the kids are when it stops if ever. Mine is not at that age yet. And then there are bossy and/or opinionated teachers and doctors who dont want to consider your parenting philosophies when telling u what to do. And then there are the neighbours and people in restaurants and shops who love children, but only as long as they behave like adults.

I'm lucky that my husband understands how much work is involved in staying home with children. In fact, he's said that he'd never want to switch places with me because he'd lose his mind! I give moms who work outside the home all the credit in the world~ I don't know how they do it.

:)I totally understand how hard it is being a mom,doctor,housekeeper,chauffer,physocologist(sp)cook,laundry women,events organizer,accountant,teacher etc all rolled into one person the mom.Which is why opted out on having kids I dont think I could handle it I would have gone insane.Dont get me wrong I love kids and for some strange reason little kids are drawn to me little babies dont mind me holding them where they dont like other people holding them at all.
I got what I like to call the cure at an early age where I learned how hard it is as Im the oldest only girl of 3 younger brothers and had to help take care of them. At the age of 13 I decided I really dont want kids.So choosing not to have kids would make people look at me as its a strange thing and there must be something wrong with me.People would say OH when you get older you will meet a man fall in love and you will WANT to have babies .There women out there that dont get THE URGE which I think is perfectly natural.
So its danged if you and danged if you dont.
My pets are all the kids I need and they can be a handful at times but at least I can throw them out into yard when Ive had it.:LOL::LOL:

That was a good read and certainly very true! A few years ago I went away for 3 days to a seminar and when I returned all the laundry was piled up waiting for me. I asked my husband why there was so much laundry. He exclaimed that he didn't have time to do laundry he was busy with the kids. He didn't even cook, they got carry-outs during that time.

Better to decide not to if you are not sure than to have them and let them know you regret it for the rest of thier lives.

Nothing wrong with your choice, you have more consideration for your "not children" than some that do have them.

i'm amazed at how many women comment on their home-inept hubbies.
i know, i know, you love them for all of their other great qualities, but i hear these complaints so often that it can't be an absolute truth, but rather a perceived thing.

to be fair, taking care of kids is far more tediously difficult than a 9 to 5 (hmmm, or in many cases 5am to 7pm, including the commute) office job. but staying home with your own children is much more fun and far more immediately rewarding, so i don't know why anyone complains. even when the kids are sick or are misbehaving, you're work is critically important to the things you value in your life the most, unlike a stupid job.
the grass may not be any greener at home than at work, but at least it's your lawn that you're taking care of, ya know?

i think it is becoming a thing of the past, though. since people are getting married later in life, guys are not leaving their mamas to go directly into a home with a wife to care for them, so they're forced to learn to cook and clean. or live in a sty.

try to get a second date with the woman of your dreams, after she sees what a slob you are.

i work 50+ hours every week, do all of the yard work and any heavy or "technical" things (anything requiring a tool) around the house, cook about a quarter or more of our dinners and get take out another night or 2, help with the laundry, clean half of the house, and do more than half of the food and essentials shopping, and my wife has the same complaint. that i don't know how hard she has it. :rolleyes: i wish we could trade places one day.

i would love to be a mr. mom.:king:

DUDE BT i totally see your point.. But i still live at home (i go to school halftime and work full) and i call my mom every day from work and ask how she is doing and what she has done. My mom has a illness so i have to help take care of her and its hard for her to do things a normal person can do. she cant lift anything heavier than 10 pounds. My mom says the same thing all the time. "You guys never notice what i do around the house" maybe i need to tell her more that i appreciate the things she does and maybe she would stop complaining. I work 40 hours a week and then school on top of that and then i cook for the family. BUT my mom does most of the work and with her health she should not be.

yeah i think its becasue i get sooo caught up in my school work and work that i forget about the things my mom does around the house.

My wife has just started the role of a Stay-at-home Parent. It's straining on the household income, but I think it'll prove worthwhile in the long run.

That being said, I would be an absolute fool to think that she does nothing while at home. I value her time and unlike some guys in this situation, I still do the cooking. It's rather unfair to assume that just because she spends the entire day at home that the night time chores should be all hers.. Not to mention, I like doing the cooking..

All in all, she is the best mother.. I couldn't ask for someone to better care for our child.

This is very funny, and I will be forwarding it on to her..

Thanks for sharing...

-Brad

I think the major thing is the appreciation shown, Im not complaining that my husband doesnt do anything its just when he does he wants me to fall at he feet thanking him. When I worked 40 plus hours, ran 2 teenage daughters, took care of all the shopping (one thing he never does), plus kept the house neat,I very seldom got a Thank You for dinner or for making sure the kids were taken care of, and when I said I was tired I would hear "why are you tired?" It just got more annoying than anything like im not allowed to be tired. For me i would have liked a day every once in awhile that i didnt have to be responsible for everyone in the house. It would be nice to have my hubby run the kids,get dinner on, make sure homework was done,and that the kids are in bed at a decent time. Just to give me a break. I will be going back to work shortly and I'm not looking forward to the same old routine.
This is not ALL men, I've met a few men that do the majority of household stuff and they have the same complaints.:wacko:

lol, i coulda gone with "and men have already done all of their part of housework. we discovered elecricity, then invented electric motors to run in things like dish and clothes washers, and vacuums. if it weren't for us, women would still be down at the river, beating clothes on rocks!!"

:cool:

i'd better go now...

Back
Top Bottom