Veteran's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
Thank you to all the men and women that serve or have served our great country.

Yes, indeed! I'm the granddaughter of one who served in WWI, daughter of one who served in WWII and the proud mother of sons who served in the U.S. Navy and Marines.

If not for our brave military support, we may not have the freedom to enjoy sites like DC. Thank you veterans!!!

Same to all our neighbors to the north on their "Remembrance Day."

Last edited:
Yes, congratilation to all who are still with us and those who are gone may their memory be always blessed.
Thank you.

:)Thank you to all veterans.My dad was a lifer in the Army he was in Normandy and many other places.Funny they would never talk about it I found out more of what he did after he died and I saw his discharge papers etc.I wish I had asked him about it but I doubt he would have told me.

freedom isn't free.

thank you to all of the men and women who serve (on our side :cool:) to pay the price that we may continue to pursue happiness, in our own ways.

your sacrifice can never be repaid in full.

We call it Remembrance Day here in Canada, and it is a day that moves me, often to tears. It certainly seems a small thing to set aside one day to remember those that gave everything so we could all be free. Our Veterans have seen so much that no one should have to see. My Dad was in the navy in WW2 and while he would share some of his funny stories, he never ever some things. He certainly couldn't watch movies like Saving Private Ryan though. Just upset him too much.

So, to all who served, and all who still serve. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom