How do I use lemon curd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The filling of a tart. Have it in between a sponge with cream. On bread or toast. Use in a Swiss roll. On a hot scone. As a filling between biscuit halves. Perhaps thinned down as a sauce.

Pretty much, you could substitute lemon curd where you would normally use jam, although not in all instances.

Last edited:
Oh man... mix it up with some Marscapone cheese, and fresh fruit(Blueberry, peaches, etc.) stick it in a graham cracker pie crust and chill, then top with fresh whipped cream....

Oh man, it's a good thing I ate breakfast this morning or I'd be drooling really, really bad!! Oops, grandson is awake. Back later, thanks Bilby and Jeff G. !!

I have a recipe for cookies that use lemon curd. They're sugar cookies with coconut flakes (totally optional but I like it) that you make an indentation in and drop lemon curd in the center. Then when they're done baking, you can drizzle melted white chocolate over them. Mmm now I want to bake!

We adore lemon curd... aside from making tarts/pies with it, we also pile it on waffles, pancakes, toasts, plain biscuits, or just scoop it out with a spoon...:-p

A neighbor of mine uses Lemon Curd to fill the "thumbprints" in Thumbprint Cookies.

There's also a Lime Curd that's also quite good - a little tangier than the lemon.

I like lemon curd too. Sometimes I make Jello lemon pudding with extra lemon juice. That's tasty and maybe somewhat less fat than the lemon curd - I havent compared lately so am vague there.

I tend to like it best with just a spoon. ;)

Though lathering it on a warm cream scone comes in a close second.

:heart:
Z

Thank-you everyone for your great ideas. My grandchildren liked the graham crackers and the toast ideas so much that I now have to go out and get more!!

I had it warmed up a little and spooned over vanilla ice cream on time. Perfect dessert for a warm summers day.

Scones! I am surprised none of the Brits have suggested it. I believe it's the preferred accompaniment for scones in Scotland.

Serve it with either shortbread or pound cake and a blueberry compote.

Lemon curd also goes well with anything rasberry and pistachio, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom