What's the mix here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
I have been on many a forum and it's easy to see what people do and who they are. So I was just wondering what's the demographic here.

Stay at home moms?
Working guys?
Working women?
Stay at home dads?
Retired?
Single parent and working?
Single and working?

That's all I can come up with. Maybe there's more. So, if I may ask, what are you?

I'm a college student who is eternally frustrated by the kitchenlessness of her dorm room. LOL.

I'm studying psychology and though I love cooking, I don't think I could ever make it my job. It would somehow become less enjoyable due to the stress of having to do it rather than simply wanting to. That said, I might take a class or two at the Culinary Institute for fun. :)

Well, Calli, we're long-time empty nesters. Had 5 children who are now "big people," some with their own families.

I'm still working...couple jobs. Interior design and writing. Been at it for many, many years. Also worked as a newspaper copy editor for many years, too. Don't think I want to retire because I really enjoy what I do.

Full time wife
part time work out side the home. I sure like the full time part better.

Part-time wife and mother - well, mother to a 20-year old but still a mother!

OOOPS - :ohmy: LOL - I can't wait to tell my husband I'm just a part-time wife :LOL:

retired Mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters, 3 grandaughters, 3 grandsons. All are my reasons for being...Right now missing taking care of my little ones while the moms work..But, enjoying our sunday family dinners.

kadesma

I'm a mother of 2 boys mostly grown (18 & 23), worked 25 years as a registered nurse in pediatrics ( hospital, schools, doctor's office) but am now back in school learning American Sign Language interpreting. I am slowly getting back to creative cooking now that I only cook for hubby and me.

Currently unemployed (taught elementary school for years).

Wife (of James), mom (of Nancy-28), grandma (of Andrew-9 1/2 and Hannah-6 1/2), step-mom (of Anna-16).

"Mom" to dog (Cubbie) and cats (Mr. Frodo and Scarlett O'Hairy).

Member of church Drama team.

:)Barbara

Rapidly approaching the "hill" but am not over it yet. First year post-transplanted kidney so trying to recoup my health enough to return to work. Not sure when that will be. No partner, no kids, just lots of animals.

Stay at home mom of 3, ages just 2 to almost 8.

Part time bagel baker.

I knew I liked this group for a reason. My last group that I had to "move on from" was 90% stay at home moms and home schoolers of grammar school age children with no men. Just not a group I could relate to. This is a much more diverse group. I like it!!

Back
Top Bottom