What do you lose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I was just baking a pie, and noticed that once AGAIN I am down to only 2 1 tsp measuring spoons. I have about 6 of every other amount!! I know where they go, my husband "adopts" them to use for his reef aquarium powders and concoctions. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering if anyone else had a certain kitchen utensil that they lose time and time again, or if it's just me!!

I loose everything. Spoons, spatuchulas, measuring spoons. Out of a half a dosen wooden spoons I had fro frying etc, I have only one left. I have no clue where anything goes. I'm sure the problem is that my wife does dishes and the kids put them away.

It would appear that I've been dogged by the teaspoon fairy my entire life. Regardless how many pieces my flatwear service is for, I always seem to be misssing teaspoons.
Somewhere, there is a coven of teaspoon fairies dining with my flatwear.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At least it was just once..... twice could be a problem.

I also lose teaspoons and at Christmas last year I lost 4 of my dessert forks. I used to blame my children but now that they aren't here I don't know who to blame.

I also lose teaspoons and at Christmas last year I lost 4 of my dessert forks. I used to blame my children but now that they aren't here I don't know who to blame.

The answer is in your bathroom. Go stand in front of the medicine cabinet, look at yourself in the mirror and repeat. My spouse accidentally threw them away.

The palm of your hand!

:)
I was just baking a pie, and noticed that once AGAIN I am down to only 2 1 tsp measuring spoons. I have about 6 of every other amount!! I know where they go, my husband "adopts" them to use for his reef aquarium powders and concoctions. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering if anyone else had a certain kitchen utensil that they lose time and time again, or if it's just me!!

Suziquzie - are you right handed or left handed? If right handed by chance your left hand becomes a teaspoon for dry measure. Take one of the still existing teaspoons and measure out a level spoon full of let's say salt. Cup your left hand just so and pour the spoon of salt into it! Kinda look at it. You can return the salt to the container and then pour from the salt box into your palm an amount that looks the same. Scoop it out with the teaspoon. Do it again and check and thereafter everytime you want to measure salt do it in your palm and check until you've got it! Same with pepper, etc. and then you will learn what a half a teaspoon looks like and a quarter teaspoon!:)Then dare your husband to mess with this teaspoon!:ermm::huh::chef:

We had a problem with things disappearing from the kitchen (flatware, dishes and some small pots) when I was married some years ago ... ok, a long time ago. But, the mystery was solved the weekend I decided to paint my step-daughter's bedroom while she was at her grandmother's house ... all the missing stuff was under her bed!

I've probably lost more vegetable peelers than I can count on both hands. I suppose they are in my compost pile somewhere.

It would appear that I've been dogged by the teaspoon fairy my entire life. Regardless how many pieces my flatwear service is for, I always seem to be misssing teaspoons.
Somewhere, there is a coven of teaspoon fairies dining with my flatwear.

Perhaps, they are using my pot holders as a table cloth, or maybe place mats:ermm: I have written Santa for a minimum of One Dozen, Two would be really nice!!;)

Perhaps, they are using my pot holders as a table cloth, or maybe place mats:ermm: I have written Santa for a minimum of One Dozen, Two would be really nice!!;)

And they're using my kid's socks (taken from the dryer, of course) as sleeping bags.

You know we had a problem with missing teaspoons in an office I worked in. It was only after the sink clogged up one day that we found where they all were! I don't know how people couldn't see a teaspoon going down the drain when they turned the tap on, but apparently they all suffered from spoon blindness. Boy was I glad that I always brought my own with me!!!

My girlfriend kept losing things from her kitchen, saucepans, bowls etc and thought it was her teenage son! Only later did she discover that her husband had a girlfriend and he was gradually setting up home with her and taking stuff from my friends kitchen. When she finally cottoned on, she went to where his girlfriend was living, took back all her stuff and hit her husband with one of the saucepans on the way out!! Brilliant.

Needless to say she divorced him and years later we still laugh about the missing kitchen equipment.

So, I also found a few measuring cups in the boys' bedroom last night....

Does this mean they are planning on moving out soon??;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom