Bolognese Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avextracker

Assistant Cook
Hi there. My girlfriend and I make what we consider to be the best bolognese in the world. We have recently come up with the idea of making it into burgers.

How would we go about moulding the bolognese into a burger shape without it being too sloppy? I have been told to cook the meat mixture and sauce seperately, then either add a little of the sauce to the meat mixture before moulding, or serve sauce on top of burger.
I don't think these suggestions would give the bolognese the same flavour that it would normally have.. Is there anything else anyone can suggest ? Perhaps simmering off all the liquid for a long time? Would that work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi there. My girlfriend and I make what we consider to be the best bolognese in the world. We have recently come up with the idea of making it into burgers.

How would we go about moulding the bolognese into a burger shape without it being too sloppy? I have been told to cook the meat mixture and sauce seperately, then either add a little of the sauce to the meat mixture before moulding, or serve sauce on top of burger.
I don't think these suggestions would give the bolognese the same flavour that it would normally have.. Is there anything else anyone can suggest ? Perhaps simmering off all the liquid for a long time? Would that work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Bake it and slice it..

bolognese and burgers are completly completly different. you cant cook the sauce and the meat separatly as they rely on each other for flavour. if your sauce is that good why mess with it? you could season your mince with watever you use to make the sauce and cook them in the sauce, just like big burger shaped meatballs.this will allow the flavours to mix and develop.the thicker your sauce the less sloppy it will be. but hey wats wrong with being sloppy every once in a while!

bolognese and burgers are completly completly different. you cant cook the sauce and the meat separatly as they rely on each other for flavour. if your sauce is that good why mess with it? you could season your mince with watever you use to make the sauce and cook them in the sauce, just like big burger shaped meatballs.this will allow the flavours to mix and develop.the thicker your sauce the less sloppy it will be. but hey wats wrong with being sloppy every once in a while!

True... think of it as a loose meat sandwich. Serve on a hoagie bun, some mozzarella cheese, brown under a broiler.....

I really like the sound of a burger sloppy joe! Would you mind posting your bolognese recipe please?

Back
Top Bottom