ISO of pecan pumpkin pie recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lpb

Assistant Cook
My friend brought over a pie last night that was a mixture of pecan and pumpkin. It was so good! I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this or knows a recipe for it. tia

lpb

Printed Big

I saw someone make it somewhere, and I can't for the life of me remember where, but basically, you make a pumpkin pie and cover the entire top of the pie with pecan halves.

Now, I do know where I saw that sugar pie. Around 4 of 5 years ago, on Thanksgiving night, well the day after Thanksgiving morning really because it was 3 a.m. and I was cleaning up the dinner mess and watching The Galloping Gourmet on Food Network. Graham made a sugar pie in a HUGE oval shaped ceramic pie pan, then proceeded to cover the entire top of the pie with whipped heavy cream about 3 inches deep. It's no wonder his poor wife ended up having a heart attack.

Here's a Cooking Light recipe for Pumpkin Praline Pie, and for the original poster, here's a recipe for a pumpkin pie with pecans ground up and mixed into the crust.

I actually just got an email from Better Homes and Gardens with a pumpkim pie slideshow, and was looking at the Pumpkin Pecan Pie!!!! Here's the link to the slideshow from the email. Hope it's close to what you are looking for!!!! :chef:

Holidays

Edit, I am not sure if you have to be registered to view slideshows, so I went and found the direct link for you!!!

Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Last edited:
thanks!

I can't wait to try this tonight, the recipe from better homes looks like it could be pretty close! thanks for your help!

lpb

www.PrintedBIG.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom