What are you preparing today for tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Was just wondering what all the cooks are doing today. I have to go to the store - ugh . Then I will be making my giblet dressing, thats all today beside something for dinner.

Today is busyish for me. I'm making 2 pumpkin pies, snickerdoodles, a pumpkin dip to serve with apple slices, orange-cranberry sauce, and candied sweet potatoes. I also have to brine a turkey at some point.

Tomorrow will be the turkey itself, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, stuffed artichokes, and giblet gravy.

I'm looking forward to all of it!

I'm preparing butternut squash, cranberry relish, chocolate pecan pie today and brining my turkey. The rest is for tomorrow.

Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey. Both the potatoes and bananas are roasted first. It sounded really interesting to me.

A Pecan, Cherry, and Apple Pie have been baked. A huge 12 in. pone of Cornbread (for dressing) just came out of the oven. Sweet potatoes are baking (for casserle) Two chickens simmering on the stove to make stock for dressing. DW is dipping home made Millionaires in chocolate. Turkey breast is brining, and I'll start the cooker after lunch do start the ham cooking to add just a little more smoke flavor. I'll cook the turkey breast late this afternoon/tonight.

Have Fun & Enjoy!

I'm going to a bring-a-dish Thanksgiving at the home of my best friend's new boyfriend. They're doing the turkey with stuffing and a spiral ham; my mom is doing a broccoli/cauliflower/cheese sauce casserole and will make the gravy when we get there. Another friend is bringing 1 pumpkin and 1 chocolate cream pie and whipped cream and friends from out of town are bringing rolls. I'm doing cranberry sauce (made it Sunday), corn pudding and mashed potatoes (tomorrow morning), and, being made tonight, a pumpkin pie and stock from turkey wings for the gravy.

DH has a half day today, so I just sent him the shopping list :)

We've been doing this meal a little at a time since Sunday, when we made the dressing. Mon we made a broccoli casserole with blue cheese, and last night we made the mashed potatoes. Today we'll cook the turkey, let it cool, then slice it up and put it in a pan to be reheated tomorrow. I'll also make the gravy this evening.
Tomorrow, I have an appetizer to make (olive/cheese balls) and and green beans to fix. I was going to make the ubiquitous green bean casserole (because I love it), but the only green beans I have are the broad Italian type, so I'll just go the bacon/onion route.
My daughter's bringing the pies, bless her heart, and Pillsbury's bringing the dinner rolls.

Today I will prepare:

2 pumpkin pies
1 pecan pie
(Slice of Sin was made on Monday)
broccoli casserole
dressing (plain and oyster)
mashed potatoes
chop sweet potatoes for sweet potato hash (no one wants sweet potato casserole :(
cranberry sauce (I'm taking Andy M's lead and cooking them in orange juice versus water and then I may add some apple and walnuts to a portion of it)
wild rice salad
prep Brussels sprouts but will cook those tomorrow
brine turkey

Normally I do this all on Thanksgiving with the help of my best friend. She went and "got a boyfriend" :rolleyes::LOL: and has to be at his house for awhile tomorrow so we're doing a bunch today instead.

I'm not making anything. I'm not allowed since his family says their doing it (every year).
That and I have to work tomorrow anyway *grrrrrrrrrr*.

Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey. Both the potatoes and bananas are roasted first. It sounded really interesting to me.

That sounds awesome GB - can you direct me to a recipe or sometime before next Thanksgiving shoot me the recipe? :chef:

:)Made 2 stuffings (apple onion pecan and a chestnut mushroom)last week and froze them will pull out today to thaw for tommorow.Today Im making a Pecan Tart,cranberry sauce,sweet potatoes,gravy and a green bean casserole that is made with fresh mushrooms,onion,red bell pepper a little cream cheese and feta.Im going to put some of those canned fried onions on top just for kicks.Tommorow I will heat it all and go to our friends house she is making a ham and a turkey,apple and cherry pie and the rolls
Im glad people have figured out to make most of the meal a day or two ahead sure takes the pressure off on Turkey Day.
I had already pulled the turkey to thaw but then plans changed since we are going to the neighbors so I will go ahead and cook my turkey anyway just to have.Its only about 11# so Im thinking of cooking it in the nu-wave cooker.

I'm getting parts for everything ready. Cornbread is done for stuffing, I won't put it together and bake it until an hour before we leave, I'm worried it will take too long to reheat from cold and we'll be waiting an extra hour. I have the sweet potatoes roasted for a pie, crusts in the fridge, getting ready to cut up apples for the other pie.

My job this year is the spinach dip, green bean casserole, and a thing we call "Broccolli Bake". For this, I put about 3 layers frozen broccoli, Velveeta Cheese, and crumbled Ritz Crackers into a large casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes or so. Surprisingly, it's not that bad...I'm not one to eat any processed foods, but I make an exception with this. ;)

I'm preparing myself to deal with my in-laws tomorrow... does that count for anything? I'm making a spinach dip inside a loaf of pumpernickel bread.

Monday I made cornbread and biscuits for cornbread dressing. Cut up all the veggies for that dressing and for my turkey stuffing. The dehydrator dried two loaves of bread cubes for stuffing/dressing. Made our traditional lime/pineapple/cream cheese Jell-O salad and the cranberries. Also roasted sweet potatoes for bourbon mashed sweet potatoes.

Yesterday I baked our yeast rolls and the pie crust for pumpkin pie.

Today I assembled the pumpkin pie and put the turkey in to brine. I'll peel russet potatoes later tonight for regular mashed taters.

All I'll have to do is to assemble the stuffing and dressing and stuff the bird. That never takes very long. While the bird is roasting, I'll bring down my 18-quart electric roaster to cook the sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing and to warm my rolls. I anticipate a pretty lazy day, which is how I like Thanksgiving. I may not even get out of my jammies.

I'm starting the stuffing today and baking all the desserts: gooey pumpkin on yellow cake, pumpkin pie and custard pie. I'll get to the sweet potatoes and green bean casserole tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom